Here Are My Halloween Cookies!

Baking By allysons Updated 27 Oct 2006 , 9:14pm by mbelgard

allysons Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allysons Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 8:09am
post #1 of 18

This round went A LOT better than the first time I tried. I used a rolled chocolate recipe as my dh doesn't care for sugar cookies. I made 30 of them to send to him and his soldiers in Iraq. Since I'm in Germany it only takes 5-7 days for them to arrive, so hopefully they still taste ok when he gets them!

I tried decorating a ghost with an edible marker, but even with dry icing it started to bleed and soften the icing. I guess if I want to write on them I'd have to use something harder such as royal icing?

These are plain as I didn't have time to add details, but its still progress for me compared to last time! LOL

17 replies
melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 8:26am
post #2 of 18

nice colors! so vibrant= i'd try the royal for details too.

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 10:18am
post #3 of 18

would you mind sharing your recipe for the rolled chocolate chip cookies. My DH doesn't like sugar cookies either and this sounds like a great alternative for christmas cookies

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:43am
post #4 of 18

They look great! My brother in law was in Iraq for about 17 months, and my sister was in Germany while he was there. I'm sure that he and his guys will love them! It's such a morale booster to get things in the mail.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 11:45am
post #5 of 18

you did a great job-I'm sure he will love to get them!

bonniesido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniesido Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:17pm
post #6 of 18

They look great! I'm sure your husband will be really pleased!

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:23pm
post #7 of 18

Your colors came out really great. Nice job. I'm sure you DH is going to love them.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:25pm
post #8 of 18

They turned out wonderful! I'm SURE they will appreciate them as I've tasted the 'mri's' (I think that's what they call them) and these will be Heaven for them!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:39pm
post #9 of 18

They're gorgeous!!! I love that you didn't do the typical black bat.......very colorful!!!

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 12:41pm
post #10 of 18

I'm sure the guys will love them! Please pass word along to him that we support him as he defends this Great Nation and that he is in our prayers EVERY DAY! usaribbon.gifthumbs_up.gif

denise2434 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denise2434 Posted 25 Oct 2006 , 1:12pm
post #11 of 18

Nice job allysons!! thumbs_up.gif

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 7:13pm
post #12 of 18

Anyone have a recipe for rolled chocolate chip cookies? BUMP!

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 7:38pm
post #13 of 18

I really like your white outline! It makes the shape very distinguished! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Anyone have a recipe for rolled chocolate chip cookies? BUMP!

I have one but not on me right now. PM me and I'll get back to you with it. thumbs_up.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 8:12pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

They turned out wonderful! I'm SURE they will appreciate them as I've tasted the 'mri's' (I think that's what they call them) and these will be Heaven for them!

They're MREs. Kids love them, that used to be a big treat when my dad would bring extras home, sometimes I still want them. icon_redface.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 8:18pm
post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

They're MREs. Kids love them, that used to be a big treat when my dad would bring extras home, sometimes I still want them. icon_redface.gif

that's funny my dad was in the air force when I was growing up and we used to fight over the MRE's........then again I probably would have thought wilton fondant was gourmet food LOL

mbelgard Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 8:54pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

that's funny my dad was in the air force when I was growing up and we used to fight over the MRE's........then again I probably would have thought wilton fondant was gourmet food LOL

I'm an army brat and there were 7 of us to fight over them, lucky for us he was a tanker so he was in the field lots. icon_lol.gif
Those crackers with cheese spread were SO gross and yet so good. icon_redface.gif Same thing with the desserts. icon_rolleyes.gif

giovanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giovanna Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 9:07pm
post #17 of 18

These are fabulous! I love the colors! A huge thank you to your husband as well!

P.S. What does MRE stand for?

mbelgard Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 9:14pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanna

These are fabulous! I love the colors! A huge thank you to your husband as well!

P.S. What does MRE stand for?

Meal Ready to Eat. It's what the military uses when they can't get to the mess hall. Everything comes in pouches, it lasts forever and they're kind of nasty tasting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%