Wedding Cake Delivery And Set Up Fees

Business By ajoycake Updated 1 Aug 2005 , 10:23am by ajoycake

ajoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajoycake Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 5

How much would you charge for wedding cake delivery and set up? If the reception hall is a reasonalbe distance from my home, say with in 15 miles, I charge $25. I think this may be low because these brides are also asking me to do the flowers and table decorations. What do you think?
Thanks to all in advance!! icon_biggrin.gifdetective.gif

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 16 Jul 2005 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 5

i charge enough for my cakes to add the delivery for free, unless its a great distance.

I have found that the brides don't want to be nickled and dimed to death. Charge whats appropriate, for the cake and a delivery of 10 to 15 miles shouldn't need an extra charge.

Now that being said, if i have to go 40 miles away yes i will tell the bride that because of the gas prices i have now had to add a charge in there for that. But most of my stuff is local and i don't often run into that problem.

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 5:58am
post #3 of 5

I also like to charge enough for my cakes that I do not tack on an extra charge for delivery. However, if it is a far distance I would add a delivery charge. I know most bakeries in my area charge at least 50.00 to deliver reguardless of where the reception is. If you are charging 25.00 to your customer...you are being more than fair! I have been really lucky...most of the weddings that I have done have been fairly close! icon_smile.gif
traci

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 29 Jul 2005 , 12:29pm
post #4 of 5

I agree...it's not just the travel...it's the gas, the time spent and the work putting all those extra elements together at the venue.

Not free!

Whether you add it into the cake's price and include the delivery for "free", or explain it in your contract by adding it on...it still has to be paid for.

ajoycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajoycake Posted 1 Aug 2005 , 10:23am
post #5 of 5

Thanks to all, and yes you are correct, the local backery do charge 50$ for delivery regardless of location. They also charge 25-5-$ for just the use of there cake stands. This I do not do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%