Can Someone Decide For Me Please?

Decorating By kymscakes Updated 23 Aug 2007 , 12:29pm by Jenteach

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 2:41am
post #1 of 10

I have to make a cake this weekend, it is going to have two tiers. It is a beach theme bridal shower. The bride does not care about the flavors of the cake, but thinks something a little "beachy" might be nice. I am going to do a pina colada cake for the top, smaller tier but I am stumped for the larger tier. I was considering something chocolatey, rummy maybe. There is only one similar recipe here like that and I can't think of a filling, so, if anyone has any favorites, please share.....
Thanks,
Kym

9 replies
ameena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameena Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 2:55am
post #2 of 10

This is my favourite filling and a proven winner in taste.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1952-Strawberry-Glaze-with-Grand-Marnier.html

Not sure how it would taste with a rum cake though. I use in a chocolate cake.

Daryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daryn Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 2:57am
post #3 of 10

Mojito - I haven't tried it, but it is on my list.

http://www.recipelink.com/cookbooks/2006/1589802829_3.html

moodswinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moodswinger Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 3:01am
post #4 of 10

This may sound really funny, but it fits the beach theme!!! Coconut cake, Duncan Hines! It is awesome with just plain buttercream! I did it for a show this past weekend, and it was the first flavor to go, and people were asking for more! Good Luck!!!!

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 3:17am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodswinger

This may sound really funny, but it fits the beach theme!!! Coconut cake, Duncan Hines! It is awesome with just plain buttercream! I did it for a show this past weekend, and it was the first flavor to go, and people were asking for more! Good Luck!!!!

mmm, with a nice citrus curd or pineapple filling. Very beachy. Oh, wait...you already said pina colada. duh! never mind.

kymscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kymscakes Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:13pm
post #6 of 10

See, this is my problem, top tier is pina colada (pineapple, coconut, etc.) and I can't seem to decide what to do for the bottom. any more ideas?

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 10

How about a strawberry margarita cake? I'm not going to be much help because I don't have a recipe (sorry!) but that thought came to mind. I'm sure you could find a margarita or lime flavored cake and fill it will strawberry preserves!
HTH,
HeatherMari

HeatherMari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeatherMari Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 10

Okay, sorry but I found a recipe on allrecipes.com (love that site!) for a strawberry margarita cake! It sounds pretty easy and got good reviews!
HTH,
HeatherMari

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Strawberry-Margarita-Cake/Detail.aspx

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:20pm
post #9 of 10

Ok, what about something banana, either cake or filling? Or a mango filling in....what kind of cake? not sure. Oh! chocolate rum cake with banana filling???

Jenteach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenteach Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:29pm
post #10 of 10

I made a strawberry daiquri (sp?) cake once by just adding a stawberry daiquri jello mix to a white cake batter. It was delicious!

HTH

Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%