It Took Me All Week But My Son's Cake Was A Big Hit!

Decorating By Mandica12182 Updated 21 Aug 2007 , 4:05am by lizzamaryann

Mandica12182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mandica12182 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 26

I don't mean to TOOT my own Horn...... icon_redface.gif okay well, maybe I do!! Ha Ha. icon_wink.gif

I just needed to show off what I had been working on all last week! I took vacation from work to prepare for my son's second birthday and ended up making 2 more cakes too...I made and xbox 360, and a sheetcake with a car on it, then I got to work on his cake....and I just have to share it with you all!!

I have pictures of it in my gallery it's the Blues Clues 3 tiered cake, I just need applause for all the hard work.....and only my fellow CCr's really know how much blood, sweat, and tears go into these things!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks for Looking!

25 replies
tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 26

Im assuming you meant this cake for your son - correct? Hmm - sorry Im not sure, because I just dont do the new hot kids thingsbut this is the only recent three level cake in your gallery

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=936213
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=936143

Its absolutely adorable and that blue dog, wow icon_surprised.gif wow must have taken a while to get him just so.....! No wonder you need to take a vacation week.

Mandica12182 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 26

Yep, thats the one!!
Thanks for putting the link up there, I don't know why I didn't think about doing that!! LOL

Thanks for the compliment and I now need a vacation to recover from my vacation!!

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:56pm
post #4 of 26

Just perfect! What a labor of love to do for your son. He's one lucky kid!

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:00pm
post #5 of 26

great job, I love it.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:06pm
post #6 of 26

You did a really great job! You have every right to be really proud.

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:10pm
post #7 of 26

TOOT! TOOT! Great cake!!!

katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:13pm
post #8 of 26

What a great cake! Love the attention to detail!

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:15pm
post #9 of 26

The detail on that cake!! icon_eek.gif Great job!! I can see why you're so pleased with how it came out.

pinkmelmac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkmelmac Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:16pm
post #10 of 26

The cake is AWSOME!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! hope to be that good someday!!!!!

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:16pm
post #11 of 26

You did great, you should be proud you deserve it, and I bet I know a 2 year old who was super happy with the cake. Really nice job.

penster1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
penster1 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:17pm
post #12 of 26

Your cake is adorable, how did you make the crayons? Everything on it was just perfect. Great Job.

frostedbliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frostedbliss Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:28pm
post #13 of 26

Toot, Toot....you did great! It is awesome! thumbs_up.gif

bdrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bdrider Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:38pm
post #14 of 26

AWESOME job!!! Right into my favorites!

Mandica12182 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:56pm
post #15 of 26

The crayons were made of sugar but I forgot to put on the description that I bought those at the cake supply store. OOPS! Everything else was made by me though.

Mandica12182 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:02pm
post #16 of 26

Oh Yeah...Thanks You all sooo much for allowing me to brag and show off my creation!! LOL

Seriously though, thanks for all the kind words!!

evaruggiero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evaruggiero Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:07pm
post #17 of 26

Good work! and it feel much better to do all that for someone you love!

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:10pm
post #18 of 26

It came out awesome. You should be very proud of yourself.

mjulian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjulian Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:12pm
post #19 of 26

You did great work! I know that those fondant figures take along time. I did a mary kay cake once and it took me all week at night. I love the out come and I am sure eveyone at the party just LOVED IT!!

GRAMMASUE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GRAMMASUE Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:15pm
post #20 of 26

Awesome cake!!! Excellent job on Blue and the whole presentation!!! What a lucky little boy!!!

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:32pm
post #21 of 26

Wow your cake is great! How did you do this? Can you post your peanut butter cake in the recipes? or pm me with it?

I have my grandsons 2nd birthday coming up and I am not sure what to do . May have to go a huntin on the galleries.... icon_lol.gif

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:34pm
post #22 of 26

You cake turned out Wonderful!!! My daughter wanted to know where Joe was LOL.... WTG

Mandica12182 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:03pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyanne_Mommy

You cake turned out Wonderful!!! My daughter wanted to know where Joe was LOL.... WTG

LOL, my son actually prefers Steve and I didn't want to attempt to make steve in cartoon form...ha ha!

For my peanut butter cake I just half the butter and replace it with peanut butter in my standard yellow scratch recipe. For instance if you were to use 1/2 cup butter, I'd use 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/4 cup butter....I like the cake but some people think it's too...moist..lol, like there is such a thing.

Mandica12182 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 6:10pm
post #24 of 26

To make Blue I used a 7' round piece of wood with a whole pre drilled in the center, I then glued a dowel into the hole, and made the body and head out of rice krispy treats on the dowel...don't worry about the details because you add them with the chocolate clay. After that set up (which his nose kept falling off!! I used toothpicks to help with that!) I made 2 lbs of blue chocolate clay and then covered the rice krispies with it and added to it where I thought it needed, I just used my son's books as a guide. I printed a picture of blue's head, it was a coloring page and traced the ears onto a piece of foamcore and cut them out. I then covered the foamcore with the chocolate clay too. I then cut holes out of his head where the ears should be and placed the ears....using the chocolate clay to hold it in place, and fill in the gaps. I made his arms on wooden scewers (sp?) and just pushed them into the body after they set up. HTH!

These instructions are kind of rambling....I am not good at writing instructions. Anyone willing to come visit can get a blue demo....LOL!

novacaine24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novacaine24 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 4:01am
post #25 of 26

KICK A$$ JOB!

lizzamaryann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzamaryann Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 4:05am
post #26 of 26

you did a FABULOUS job!!!!!!!! TOOT TOOT TO YOU!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%