Shameful Cry For Ego Stroking Lol

Baking By freddyfl Updated 25 Aug 2007 , 5:00pm by Luby

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:40am
post #1 of 26

I just uploaded a bunch of cookie pictures....anyone want to go comment them ? LOL...I know, I am pathetic!

25 replies
sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 26

You are so talented! Your cookies look incredible. I wish that I had the patience to do that! Do you use a paint brush?

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:31pm
post #3 of 26

Fantastic! Your spacemen look like they are floating. You should do a tutorial on how you achieve some of your effects.

freddyfl Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 26

I use piping bags and toothpicks mostly. I outline in black with a number 2 tip (but usually use a coupler in that bag in case I want a smaller or bigger tip) The rest of the bags I don't use tips I just cut a little bit of the end off of the bag. If it is a really small area or I am going for a fine line of detail I use a toothpick dipped in icing or just in the color gels. Thank you so much for stroking my ego. =)

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:40pm
post #5 of 26

Your cookies are a pleasure to look at. The attention to detail is impressive. Consider your ego stroked!

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 26

You are sooo talented! If you didn't live so incredibly far away I would ask to come and learn from you!

Kathi

freddyfl Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:38pm
post #7 of 26

Thank you so much. There really isn't any special trick to it....But if anyone is interested, I could take some pictures next time I make a cookie at each stage so that you can see how I do it. Mostly I work in small areas on the cookie at a time, because I layer it while the icing is still wet and hasn't started to set. I really like the "flat" look as opposed to the "3-d" layering. Dont be afraid to experiment and try new things....you never know how it might turn out. I didn't think I could do cookies, before I tried them. =) LOL. Now cakes on the other hand....LOL.....don't even get me started! icon_surprised.gif

KarensCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarensCookies Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 3:49pm
post #8 of 26

Very cute cookies! Do you have cutters for those, or do you use a template? They are adorable! And so detailed. I don't have that much patience for the details! Very very cute!

Photomommie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Photomommie Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 4:20pm
post #9 of 26

Wonderful job on all of the cookies!!!
My kids would vote me best mom ever if I could make those Backyardigan cookies, they came out incredible, such great detail!!

One question..........Do you cook with your boinga? (sorry a little Backyardigan, Mission to Mars joke!)
I know I'm sad! icon_redface.gif

freddyfl Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 4:48pm
post #10 of 26

mhhmm....i always bake my boingas on a boinga...don't you? LOL

martyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martyz Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:09pm
post #11 of 26

I would love to see step-by-step photos!!! Your cookies look great.

claire_d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claire_d Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:21pm
post #12 of 26

Your cookies are original, artistic & perfect, you must have put in a lot of hard work to achieve this, so you deserve all the credit. Girl, you are the cookie queen!

peeps311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peeps311 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:29pm
post #13 of 26

Your cookies look great! You must have so much patience! Your attention to detail is amazing. You should be very proud of yourself! I'd also like to know if you use cutters or a template?

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:39pm
post #14 of 26

Your cookies are WONDERFUL !! Did the "cowboy" cookie win at the fair ?

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:41pm
post #15 of 26

You have too much talent....hhhhmmmmm I should report you to the talent police......leave some for the rest of why dontcha! thumbs_up.gif

Tabbee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tabbee Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:55pm
post #16 of 26

I noticed you cookies when you added your fair entries a few weeks back. I love you cookies. You've to a very cool and unique style that reminds me, fondly, of the Sunday funnies and my dad reading them to me when I was little.

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:55pm
post #17 of 26

I have never seen cookies like yours icon_eek.gif faaaanntastic !!!!
Do you do the designs freehand or trace them ?
I would kill to have your skills icon_lol.gif ( figuratively of course , lol )

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 1:01pm
post #18 of 26

They are adorable, I would never be able to do that!!!!!

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 1:01pm
post #19 of 26

well done they are all brilliant.

freddyfl Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 5:45pm
post #20 of 26

Thank you everone... my ego is feeling nicely stroked! LOL.....
To answer some questions I use a template. Someday I may try to make my own cutters....but that seems like a lot of work and bandaids! LOL
Plus I only do these for fun, to see if I can....then my family eats the work. =) I use the picture I want to do as a guide then I draw it onto the cookie with icing (honestly I can only draw in icing with a picture right in front of me....when it comes to a pen and paper...foget about it!) I want to make cookie ornaments as presents for people this year, so when I get my butt in gear to do that I will try and make a "tutorial" of sorts for anyone who is interested. Thank you again for the comments.

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 6:17pm
post #21 of 26

We wnat to KNOW....... did you WIN at the fair !!??

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 7:10pm
post #22 of 26

definitly interested !!!!

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 11:21pm
post #23 of 26

I second the tutorial !!! I'd love to give these a go !! icon_biggrin.gif

amaniemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaniemom Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 11:29pm
post #24 of 26

Wow how cool (stroke, stroke). Ya tutorial would be great ( some more done an awesome job.

How was my stroking did I do ok icon_lol.gif

freddyfl Posted 24 Aug 2007 , 12:46am
post #25 of 26

Okay ya'll, I have a new washer coming on Monday (mine started leaking out the bottom), so i have to get the house ready for that before I can do anymore baking, but then you can bet your sweet bippies I will do another cookie......=) with tutorial. =) oh and yes My cookies won a blue ribbon each....you can read about it here....LOL....
http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-4892663.html#4892663

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 25 Aug 2007 , 5:00pm
post #26 of 26

Your cookies are amazing!

I don't think I have enough patience to do that. I might try it once, but I know myself well enough to know that that would be my first and last icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%