Christmas Card Cookies

Baking By Flowerpot Updated 24 Oct 2006 , 12:40pm by Tim-n-SEMO

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 9:22pm
post #31 of 43

I actually thought about this because I did the birth announcement cookies for my brother's newest baby and I thought, hey that would be great for Christmas....being that nobody really knows what to do with the card after the holidays......but I usually send cards with my kids' photos on them ( I guess you could do an edible image) but I would be afraid nobody would want to eat them......or that they would still be like......hey we wanted a photo we could keep! LOL

tawny76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tawny76 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 10:01pm
post #32 of 43

Hey ladies... I just found a template for cookie card boxes in the galleries... just fyi! icon_biggrin.gif

Flowerpot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flowerpot Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 10:10pm
post #33 of 43

tawny76--in the galleries? Where abouts in the galleries? How exciting!

tawny76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tawny76 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 3:14am
post #34 of 43

its under patterns & templates

beckah78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beckah78 Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 4:14am
post #35 of 43

Does anyone actually have a picture of these? They sound wonderful!

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 4:44am
post #36 of 43

Oh, I love this idea!!! I definitely want to try it. I definitely think everyone should come back to this post once they try it and attach your pictures . . . what a cool idea!!! I only hope that shipping charges don't make this impractical. For those of you who have done this before, what did you pay for each individual one to ship and where did you ship from / to?

ckkerber Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 5:14am
post #37 of 43

Thanks a lot, Flowerpot. I was all ready to call it a night . . . just checking CC one more time before bed. Now that I read your post, I've got this newfound energy and my brain is racing. I'm going to be laying in bed tonight scheming up designs / plans for my Christmas cookies. I should know better than to check CC right before bed!

Flowerpot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Flowerpot Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:03pm
post #38 of 43

ckkerber-- Well, I went to one of these packaging centers, which is more expensive, to ship 10 cookies to a friend. I didn't have a box or anything, just the cookies. I only shipped from my home in California to another city in California and the cost including the box and popcorn was $5.00. I didn't think that was too bad.

ckkerber Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:29pm
post #39 of 43

Thanks, Flowerpot! I will have to make a batch and send one out just to see what to expect for costs. That will tell me if I do this just for immediate family or if I include friends, etc...

CakesBySandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesBySandy Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 2:32pm
post #40 of 43

Thanks, Flowerpot. I am anxious to try this.

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 12:15pm
post #41 of 43

Lots of templates here , for whatever size and shape you want to use

http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/templates.htm

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 12:31pm
post #42 of 43

Zmama that site is awesome.....thanks!

Tim-n-SEMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tim-n-SEMO Posted 24 Oct 2006 , 12:40pm
post #43 of 43

HMMMM

This looks like a good use for those golf ball boxes I've been collecting from work....I knew those would come in handy for SOMETHING.

Of course, other packrats like myself may have checkbook boxes laying around waiting to be used.

LOL

Tim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%