Urinal Shaped Cake?

Decorating By laura4boys Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 4:47pm by cakesalot13

laura4boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura4boys Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 11

I've tried searching the net, but can't find anything. I am trying to find a picture of a cake shaped like a urinal. Anyone have one? Thanks!

10 replies
LauraS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraS Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:42am
post #2 of 11

I looked too, can not find anything, you may have to be the brave one and come up with it, i am sure you can do it.

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:50am
post #3 of 11

I want to see a your cake when is done...

kpcrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpcrash Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:53am
post #4 of 11

I have looked and looked - nothing! Although, it can't be that hard to draw one up based on pictures. If you really need help with a sketch, let me know.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:00am
post #5 of 11

i woul do a rectangular cake; curve the corners or round them if youwish, then take half a ball pan/cake and cut that in half width wise so that you basicaly have a bowl (but half so that the back is flat) and carve an indentation in it - and do the same for the "verticle' part of the "urinal"

this cake i'd have lay flat so that it would give the urinal look but keep things from falling south icon_smile.gif

hope this makes sense. if you wish i can draw up a sketch for ya. pm me if you do! icon_smile.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 5:28am
post #6 of 11

Are you wanting the kind of urinal that are in mens restrooms or the kind that we use for men in the hospital that can't get out of bed to pee?

kpcrash Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:07pm
post #7 of 11

I gotta admit - the more I read this thread, the more funny I think it would be to do a "urinal cake cake". You know, make a 8-12" round, covered in pink icing with a white royal icing "basket" around it.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:09pm
post #8 of 11

Funny...but ewww!LOL! Good luck!

laura4boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laura4boys Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 2:29pm
post #9 of 11

I am completely new to cake and cookie decorating, I'm only in my 3rd week of Wilton Course II. The person asking for this cake has a husband who is a plumber and it is for a going away cake for one of his co-workers. I don't want anyone to go to a lot of trouble, but if someone has a few minutes I would love a quick sketch for some type of idea. Thanks! CC rocks!!!

kpcrash Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 3:10pm
post #10 of 11

Ok - I sketched this in like 2 minutes, so please be gentle - but here goes
1/4 sheet on bottom, Sides and bowl cut from additional cake to have 3D. Cake is white b/c (could be brushed with h2o after it's crusted a little to create shine). Mesh/handle/pipes on top done in a silver/gray with black lines for accents. Should be pretty easy - don't know if you can read on the sketch - it say Happy Retirement John. HTH.
LL

cakesalot13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesalot13 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 4:47pm
post #11 of 11

Great. I'd like to see the outcome of this as well.
Also for details... you might want to add, a "urinal cake" - air freshner, it's a hockey puck shaped disc, in pink that sits at the bottom of the urinals to keep them smelling as "fresh" as they can be. maybe pieces of chewed gum down there too.... LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%