Tennis Cake Ideas ???

Decorating By traci Updated 20 Jul 2005 , 9:57pm by ntertayneme

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 8:28pm
post #1 of 13

Hello everyone! I got a call from a lady that wants a tennis cake. It is for a 53 year old man. It will be a 9x13 sheet cake. Does anyone have any pics or clipart images that would be good for this? I want to make it today and deliver it Friday morning. I just baked the cake and I am letting it cool. I am searching for any ideas...Thanks!!!! icon_smile.gif
traci

12 replies
peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 13

You could make the top of the cake look like a tennis court. I've seen a cake in the shape of a tennis racket too. That was really cute.

aupekkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aupekkle Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 13

How about adding a tennis ball from the ball pan on the court? That would be neat, but if you want to stick to the sheet cake, then how about some BCTs of tennis logos or any of the tennis Opens (US, Wimbleton, etc)?

traci Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 9:21pm
post #4 of 13

Those are both really good ideas! I was thinking about making the cake dark green like a tennis court...and have yellow tennis balls bouncing. I molded some yellow balls using a cupcake pan...but I am not sure I like it. I might just draw them on. I hate to say this but I am really looking for something easy! This was a last minute order and I have others to work on! Anyway...if anyone finds any good pics please share! Thanks a bunch!!!! icon_wink.gif
traci

traci Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 1:18am
post #5 of 13

I finished the tennis cake! I ended up doing a big tennis ball in the middle of a dark green cake. I used a yellow border and some candy letters. I would have probably done it different if I had more time! Anyway...thanks for all the ideas! I will post a pic soon. icon_smile.gif
traci

traci Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 7:49pm
post #6 of 13

Here is the tennis cake. If I had to do it again I would probably use the sports ball pan. Thanks again for the ideas! icon_razz.gif
traci
LL

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 7:51pm
post #7 of 13

That turned out so cute! Congrats!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 18 Jul 2005 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 13

It's an awesome cake traci! WTG thumbs_up.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 3:44am
post #9 of 13

Ttraci, your cake turned out great! Janice

traci Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 3:46am
post #10 of 13

Thanks for all the compliments! I think next time I will either use the sports ball pan or even better...find a cute edible image! icon_smile.gif
traci

Andicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Andicake Posted 19 Jul 2005 , 12:19pm
post #11 of 13

VERY cute! I love tennis too icon_smile.gif

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 20 Jul 2005 , 9:38pm
post #12 of 13

Thank you for sharing the picture. The cake looks great! A really perfect tennis cake!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 20 Jul 2005 , 9:57pm
post #13 of 13

Too cute traci!! great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%