Help!!! Playboy Bunny Cake???

Decorating By alicia_froedge Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 9:41pm by lynseyg2002

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 12:35pm
post #1 of 12

I suppose to have this done by lunch and I'm having a block!!! She wants a pink playboy bunny sign with flames that says "Happy 50th Bday...You are still HOT".......

Its a sheet cake....... where would you put the flames??? Around the bunny, on the sides, around the border?????????

I'm stuck and I can't think what would look good and "girly".

11 replies
alicia_froedge Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 12:50pm
post #2 of 12

Anyone!!!

alicia_froedge Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 12

please....... (I'm making a sad face) Its almost time for me to go home for lunch and finish. I still don't know where to place the flames!!!

missy77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missy77 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:20pm
post #4 of 12

I think I would do the flames around the border.

SugarBakers05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakers05 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 12

around the edges, but on the top of the cake, not bottom sides. Or better yet place the bunny, with the bunny in a circle or oval, and the flames bordering it.

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 12

I agree with sugarbaker05. DO you want to use fondant for the flames????... Plases post a photo when your cake is done.

alicia_froedge Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 12

I originally had thought to write.... "You are still hot" over and over all the way around the border of the cake. I the idea with the oval around the bunny and the flames. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!! I'll be back soon with a picture!!! Wish me luck.

alicia_froedge Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:54pm
post #8 of 12

Ohmygosh!!!! I didn't get it done on my lunch hour. Its a good thing this is for a friend and the party is not till tomorrow. I'll finish it tonight after the kiddos go to sleep and post pictures Monday. I can not thank you enough for all the help!!!

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 9:57pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisita

I agree with sugarbaker05. DO you want to use fondant for the flames????... Please post a photo when your cake is done.

lisas12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisas12345 Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 8:46pm
post #10 of 12

Don't know if this will help but I did a playboy cake for last month - cerise, pale pink and white. I used silver balls in bow and eyes. You could put flames up the side of the cake with text around the side. good luck!
LL

alicia_froedge Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 1:20pm
post #11 of 12

Well here it is!! Thanks again for all the help!!!!!
LL

lynseyg2002 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynseyg2002 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 9:41pm
post #12 of 12

Don't know if this would help, but this is my playboy bunny cake. could you add flames to it.................. or would it make it look like a roast bunny?????

www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_104273.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%