Decorating Stand

Decorating By elegran Updated 26 Jan 2005 , 12:23am by elegran

elegran Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elegran Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 12:41am
post #1 of 5

I am thinking of buying a Wilton tilting decorating stand. Has anyone used one and do you like it? Thanks, elegran

4 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 5

Hello elegran...I'm kind of shocked that no one has replied to this thread yet. The tilting decorating stand has been a lot topic elsewhere. I considered buying one but had heard that people prefer the regular revolving cake stand to the tilting one! So....I am going to stick with the two that I have...although I do prefer the one that is elevated! Not much help, just my opinion! Happy baking, Missey

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 5

Hi There,My hubby bought me a rectangular stainless steel turntable for my birthday in Sept and I just love it!!! I needed a turntable with more area to hold the larger cakes I am decorating instead of bending in the middle like they did on a round one.I bought mine through Ultimate Baker in Spokane washington and it was $79.99 but I have seen cheaper versions that are formica from Countrykitchensa that are less expensive.A great investment!! I haven't heard very good things regarding the wilton line of turntables.The tilting one won't lock properly and the small round ones are flimsy for larger cakes.

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 11:23pm
post #4 of 5

I have one and it's fine. I've not had a cake slide yet. Although, I've read where some people have. Honestly, though. While it makes things a hint easier, it's not enough of a difference to justify the price. Spend your money on some other can't-live-without toy.

I have a total of three turntables.

As for the higher turntables, I sit mine on an inverted cake pan without any problems. You can do this and not need to tilt your cake.

Rectangular base? I place a large inverted cookie sheet over my turntable.

If you are having issues with sliding due to the makeshift turntables I have suggested, purchase some non-skid shelf liner. Nothing slides around on that stuff!

I save money where I can so I can spend money on the truly hard to live without items.

elegran Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elegran Posted 26 Jan 2005 , 12:23am
post #5 of 5

Thanks to all that answered. You have helped a lot. elegran

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%