How To Make A Baby?

Decorating By keonicakes Updated 11 Oct 2006 , 4:37pm by all4cake

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 4:49am
post #1 of 10

I need to make a baby shower cake that looks like a baby. It will be totally 3D and needs to feed 50. I've only seen 2 3d babies on this site and have searched the net for days looking for more. How do I do this? I'll disassemble a doll to use the head, arms and legs. Not sure how to do the body. I may have to make a sheet cake to set it on for more cake. I can't use fondant as most people don't like it here. I need suggestions for all aspects of this cake please.
[/i]

9 replies
dollop72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dollop72 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 9:06am
post #2 of 10

Not exactly 3-D but did you see the cake in the Wilton Course 2? The one with the basketweave and a pink or blue background? It's made to look like a baby in a carriage/stroller/ basket. All you see is the baby's cute head, but it's ADORABLE! And I could see that you could make that cake as big as you needed. Good luck!

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 10:14am
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by keonicakes

I need to make a baby shower cake that looks like a baby. It will be totally 3D and needs to feed 50. I've only seen 2 3d babies on this site and have searched the net for days looking for more. How do I do this? I'll disassemble a doll to use the head, arms and legs. Not sure how to do the body. I may have to make a sheet cake to set it on for more cake. I can't use fondant as most people don't like it here. I need suggestions for all aspects of this cake please.
[/i]

Have you seen the little girl you can make with the Wilton 3d bear pan? That may be a way to do it, it would look really cute.
http://www.easy-birthday-cakes.com/baby-cake.html
cheers
Nati

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 10:28am
post #4 of 10

I remember seeing a cake on here that had used a doll head and arms and legs I think but I can't remember who made it.
P.s. I giggled at the subject of your post.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 10:52am
post #5 of 10
Eliza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eliza Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 11:05am
post #6 of 10

Take a look at this. Denise2434 made it and she answered some questions how to make it. HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=topn&cat=0&pos=-29991

pooker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooker Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 11:33am
post #7 of 10

I just have to say that I did a double take at your post title... icon_lol.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 11:46am
post #8 of 10

I have to agree, that is a catchy title. Good luck in finding the design you want and hopefully you'll post photos.

JackSkellington11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackSkellington11 Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 4:28pm
post #9 of 10

Yea! your post title definetly caught my eye! lol

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 10

yep...title got me too....thought there was gonna be a discussion on the birds and the bees....missed that lesson in 7th grade...out with the flu

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%