How Would You.....

Decorating By MSurina Updated 10 Oct 2006 , 5:19pm by 7yyrt

MSurina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MSurina Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:01pm
post #1 of 11

wrap an iced cupcake to sell? I have some that a manager wants to try but I don't know how to wrap them, so they still look nice. I can wrap with saran wrap but it doesn't look good. I could buy poly bags for them to fit into, but I need something else to make do until I can order the poly bags.

10 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:07pm
post #2 of 11

are you looking to do them individually?? If so.......why not a chinese take out container you can get them at party supply and craft stores in just about every color of the rainbow you could put some matching tissue paper in the bottom and it would keep the cupcake covered though not air tight! You could decorate them with stamp or stickers or anything!! Or if you could find little candy boxes that would fit a cupcake that would be cute too. But I think the little chinese take out containers would fit one cupcake just perfectly!! You wouldn't be able to see the cupcake though until you open it

LaceyLou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaceyLou Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:11pm
post #3 of 11

i saw somewhere some cupcake boxes that had a little clear spot on top so you could see through it. they were very cute. maybe try michaels or a craft store. good luck!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 11

I tried to put a decorated cupcake in a poly bag and it was a mess. THe icing got on the sides trying to get it in and out! I have seen clear containers for cc at a local cake supply store so they're out there!

MSurina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MSurina Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 11

The only problem with that is I would have to keep cost down. He wants to buy them off of me for around $1.00. People would have to see them in order for them to want to buy them, right?

MomofThree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomofThree Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:24pm
post #6 of 11

I wrapped some small decorated cakes as gifts once, kind of like wrapping a gift basket - it may work for you too. Cut a circle of cardboard out, larger in diameter than the cupcake, then set on a square of clear plastic - plastic wrap or the clear plastic you use for gift baskets would be even better. Bring up the sides of the plastic and tie with ribbon above the cupcake. It should minimize the contact with the frosting and you can control your costs a little.

Good luck!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:26pm
post #7 of 11

i dont know if the wedding cake boxes would be too expensive but they have a 3 by 3 square box that would be perfect for the cup cakes and then you could seal the box after to keet it fresher longer.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 11

I've got it........here are little boxes and they're clear.........you could definitely sell a cupcake in it for about a dollar.......they come out to about less than .30 cents each depending on what size you choose!

http://www.papermart.com/templates/83-0-80.htm#GO_83082

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:31pm
post #9 of 11

If you are only giving one cupcake out at a time you could wrap it with cello wrap and tie with a bow. If you are giving out mulitple cupcakes I would purchase one of the small cake boxes from JoAnnes or Michaels and place them in that.
Jacqui

annamata Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annamata Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 4:42pm
post #10 of 11

You can wrap them in cellophane bags, but you would have to icing the c-cakes 2 or 3 days before you can put in bags and the icing would not stick to the bags. I did a baby shower using the mini c-cakes and they turned out great. I also put the bags in a box that I bought at the dollars store. I bought 12 pk of boxes for $1.00 Great Buy and they came out great.
...............Happy baking!!!!!!!!!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 5:19pm
post #11 of 11

Why don't you have HIM wrap them? At $1 a cupcake, it seems like you would be making little profit as it is...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%