Ok So Has Anyone Ever Seen A.....

Decorating By Batter-UpBakery Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 6:12pm by Missyleigh

Batter-UpBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Batter-UpBakery Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:15am
post #1 of 14

KitchenAid stand mixer model number K5A???? my mother is giving me one that belonged to my grandmother before she passed and i am trying to figure out how to get more attachments for it. i checked kitchenaids webite and they dont show this model. it is really old but still works like a charm. and i really would rather use it as it holds sentimental (sp) value and a new one is just not in my budget right now. all it has is a dough hook. any suggestions?

13 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:20am
post #2 of 14

my only suggestion would be to call kitchenAid. They might make replacement parts and if they don't they may have someone you can contact.

The only other idea I have is Ebay. My guess is it is one of the older models that was made when Hobart/Kitchenaid were making mixers together.

Batter-UpBakery Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:25am
post #3 of 14

yea i figured thats what i would have to do. i need to go get it though so i can make sure my mom got the model number right. but its a 5 hour drive and it seems like 20 with the kiddos. lol thanks for your response though.

miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:26am
post #4 of 14

There are some discussions on the K5A on the Kitchenaid forum: http://forum.kitchenaid.com/forums/default.asp?CAT_ID=4

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 5:48am
post #5 of 14

I think the attachments all work for the new and old ones its just the insides are a little different...but don't know that for certain

wysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wysmommy Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 12:56am
post #6 of 14

Call or email a place called Culinaryparts.com. I haven't tried them in ages, but when I used to own my kitchen store, I used them all the time when people made off with parts of the stuff in my store. (Yep...people steal parts...nice, huh?!?)

They usually have parts for everything. Even older stuff!

PS...my mom has that one, has had it for years and years and it still works like a dream!

gingerkitten79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gingerkitten79 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 7:02am
post #7 of 14

i went to a KA distributor night last monday ( my work is a supplier) and we were told by the CEO of the Au company that all attachments are interchangable. You could use a new whisk on the very first machine. Wether this is true or not i dont know, she plastered us full of free alcohol first, but i would suggest borrowing a hook off a friend and giving it a try.

aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 7:24am
post #8 of 14

I also have heard that the mixing heads are interchangeable. Can you borrow a paddle or whisk from someone and see if the current accessories fit the older model??

baergarivera Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baergarivera Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 7:29am
post #9 of 14

sORRY CANT HELP YOU THERE.
icon_smile.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 7:41am
post #10 of 14

K5A is a 5 qt lift-bowl KitchenAid stand mixer. They have been around forever and work forever. I have one that is about 20 years old, and it works as well or maybe better than my 5 year old KA. The parts are interchangable between the two mixers, in spite of the many years difference in when they were made.

I have found extra parts on eBay for fairly reasonable prices.

mundy33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mundy33 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 6:50pm
post #11 of 14

All Kitchenaid attachments will work on any Kitchenaid mixer, past, present and future.

Batter-UpBakery Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 3:33am
post #12 of 14

thanks you guys!! i called ka and they said the same thing, that i could just get the attatchments for the 5 qt bowl lift mixers and they would work. thanks again!!!

Missyleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missyleigh Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:11pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

wrong I ran into this problem with a hand mixer and had to find the part i needed on ebay..goodluck

Missyleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missyleigh Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:12pm
post #14 of 14

that didn't work i was trying to quote mundy 33

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%