Sleep Over Cake

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 25 Jan 2005 , 11:26pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 24 Jan 2005 , 4:11pm
post #1 of 8

Any thoughts on a sleep over cake for about 15 icon_rolleyes.gif 10-12yr. old girls?
Having it this weekend. Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 24 Jan 2005 , 6:15pm
post #2 of 8

Do they like Bratz? Something like that? Try a cupcake cake. It's so much easier to serve. And with that crowd, you'll need easy!! icon_rolleyes.gif

briansbaker Posted 24 Jan 2005 , 6:20pm
post #3 of 8

Actually Bratz was last years fad.. Kids ugh! icon_eek.gif
But she likes Tinkerbell, a very detailed and scary attempt. icon_surprised.gif But the cupcake idea is a great one. You think a buttercream transfer will hold on a cupcake "cake"?

mari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mari Posted 24 Jan 2005 , 7:13pm
post #4 of 8

Yes, a cupcake cake will hold a transfer.... or why not do the "sleep over "cake" it's in one of the Wilton yearbooks.... you could make a 6x6 cake and have fondant girls under a blanket.... Just a thought icon_biggrin.gif

briansbaker Posted 24 Jan 2005 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 8

hmmm. I also was told that I could use Twinkies for the girls, just cover them with the frosting blanket (or fondant) and make faces on them. I thought that was cute too.. hmmm.. I must admit with all these great ideas, I may have to put them in a hat and pick from there. If it were up to me I would make them all!!! But hubby says "No more cake than you need" dunce.gif we have 12 B-days in January within our immediate family.. I better rethink the Valentines cake huh.....

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 11:01pm
post #6 of 8

A ccc will hold a BCT just fine as long as your ccc is level. It can't be all bumpy, like some people leave them.

Well, you can tell I don;t have young children (my boys are 23 and 21)... so I had no clue that Bratz were "so last year!" hahahahaha!!!
icon_redface.gif

Here is a fairly simple Tinkerbell design. I would do her wings and the twinkles after flipping it over. But make sure you place icing there to have a place to make the wings.

sitting Tinkerbell

Standing Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell in flight with wand

Here eyes require a bit of skill. I do those (and Barbie's eyes) after I flip it over using my glaze technique. But the thicker glaze, as if writing.

briansbaker Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 11:22pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you so much for those pictures.. And your wisdom! icon_biggrin.gif
Now to get my printer to do as I say , when I SAY IT.. icon_evil.gif
Things around here seem to have a mind of it's own. You should see me and the T.V. going head to head..hehe

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 25 Jan 2005 , 11:26pm
post #8 of 8

One more tip!!

When I was learning how to make Barbie's eyes it took me THREE, yes, THREE tries. So make a few practice heads first. Don't leave yourself short.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%