I'm Sooo Torqued Off!!!

Decorating By mommicakes Updated 8 Aug 2007 , 12:37pm by springlakecake

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 12:23pm
post #1 of 3

icon_cry.gif Ok, I have a wedding cake due this Saturday. I started my baking yesterday, made 2-8", 2-10", and still have 2-12" & 2 14" to go. Now here is why I am so p####d off. I was removing the pan from one of the 10" rounds, and the pan slipped from my hand falling and taking a big old honkin chunk from the side of the cake. I am so wound. tapedshut.giftapedshut.giftapedshut.gif Now I gather myself, and start another 10". This threw me off schedule (even though it was only 1 layer that got all crapped up.) Sorry, I know this doesn't really sound like a big deal, but I was so ugly.

Thanks you all for letting me vent. Hopefully today will go a little smoother. icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
annlou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annlou Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 3

I know you are behind schedule but it sounds like you need to just sit and have a cup of coffee and relax. Any little set back can seem like a big deal to us but I'm sure you will win this battle of the cakes!
LouAnn

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 8 Aug 2007 , 12:37pm
post #3 of 3

Just be thankful it was the undecorated cake! Similar thing happened to me with a 12 inch layer. I left for a second and my son approaches me with a spoon and says "look mommy, cake!" I go and look and he took a huge chunk out of the cake. needless to say I needed to rebake. At least I got a taste test! Fortunately for me that was the worst thing that happened!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%