Filming On My Block...

Lounge By adven68 Updated 8 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm by RisqueBusiness

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 12:18pm
post #1 of 25

Helen Hunt is the director and the lead in a film that's happening across the street....Bette Midler plays her mother.

I saw HH directing but I hope to catch a glimpse of BM today!! I love them both. Do you think they need a cake?????

24 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 12:28pm
post #2 of 25

WOW!! So neat!!!! Can you take pictures? Do they need an extra??? icon_wink.gif

They just might need a cake!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 25

of course they need a cake--everyone needs cake icon_biggrin.gif

double wowzers (or how every u spell it)

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 25

Wow & of course they need a cake!!!! You should share that awesome talent you have with them thumbs_up.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 25

Can you think of a better career booster than to have Bette Midler love your cake? (Ok maybe Oprah icon_lol.gif )

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 6:42pm
post #6 of 25

Go for the cake!!!!!!!!!!

I just love Bette Midler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!!!!

and tell us pleeeaaaseeee!!!!!!
icon_smile.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 2:37am
post #7 of 25

icon_surprised.gif Irene. Yes they need one of your cakes!!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
I say do it!!

do it!!

Keep us posted.

I love Helen Hunt thumbs_up.gif

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 4:55am
post #8 of 25

Oh my gosh what an opportunity.. Of course you just have to make them a cake.. Wouldn't that be fantastic to have Bette Middler eating your cake.. You might end up being the baker to the stars.. Go for it.. can't wait to see the pics..All your cakes are awesome.
Liz

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 5:07am
post #9 of 25

Ohhhh ... I am soooooo jealous!!!!! I love Helen Hunt and absolutely adore Bette Midler!!! I would have stood at that window ALL day and just stared!!! icon_smile.gif I think you should FOR SURE take a cake over!!!! Can you imagine seeing either/both of them eating your cake?!?! Oh wow!!!! Let us know what happens!!!!!

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 5:38am
post #10 of 25

Your cakes are just awesome - everyone needs one of them!!

gibson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibson Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 6:06am
post #11 of 25

I really think you should make them an absolutely amazing cake - since all of your cakes are absolutely amazing!

Who knows, maybe the right person will see it and you will become famous! (even though you are already famous here!)

Or your new clients will be Helen Hunt and Bette Midler! They'll tell their friends, who will tell their friends, well you know how that works and then you'll be swept off to Hollywood to decorate cakes for all of the famous people and we will never see you again icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif maybe you shouldn't.....just kidding!

I say do it!

Just remember us! LOL!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 12:59pm
post #12 of 25

You have to make a cake!!!! I was such a celeb stalker when we lived in New Orleans since they filmed there all the time. I was just a bad stalker-I could never really find the good celebs! icon_lol.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 7:39pm
post #13 of 25

OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I am sooo jealous! I want to come over and stalk! LOL
I want to go the NY!!! Make them a cake and see what would happen. They probably don't accept things from regular people though!
What are they doing now? What movie are they making?

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 5 Oct 2006 , 9:31pm
post #14 of 25

Well....did you make them a cake????

You have to let us know!!!LOL!

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 1:55am
post #15 of 25

Do it!! DO IT!! They need refreshments!

adven68 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 2:23am
post #16 of 25

OMGosh...you guys made me laugh so hard!!! (I really needed that right now)
I don't have time right now to make dinner, let alone a cake! Helen and Bette will have to wait their turn!!! Wow...I hope to say that seriously one day! I'm so swamped...I feel like I'm drowning in fondant.

The crew seems to have finished so that's that. Helen's "peeps" did go into the nearby florist (a good friend of mine) because they needed gardenias at 8:00 the next morning. My friend told them that the shipment comes in the afternoon because it's a popular wedding flower for Sat and Sun weddings...
They told him that Helen "couldn't understand" why she couldn't have them in the morning and my friend said "well...that's why she makes movies and I'm a florist!"

Isn't that funny?

Thanks again guys......
p.s. they film in my neighborhood all the time...I'll let you know the next time.

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 2:41am
post #17 of 25

Love Helen, not fond of Bette anymore..she said some extremely rude things about Mr. Bush so she is off my list.

NO CAKE FOR YOU BETTE MIDLER! icon_cool.gif

mommachris

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 3:17am
post #18 of 25

find out who is doing the craft services and ...approach them!

Let them serve your cake! woo hoo..go for it!

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 4:09am
post #19 of 25

Very exciting!

They just filmed the movie "Hairspray" a block from my house 3 weeks ago. It looks SO cute!! They had all the streets filled with old cars from the 50's and even old trolley cars running down our streetcar tracks too! My local bank was turned into a funny-looking store for plus-sized women's clothing!! icon_eek.gif

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 1:41pm
post #20 of 25

You must live in an awesome neighborhood... can I come over? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

RisqueBusiness Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 3:31pm
post #21 of 25

[quote="adven68"]
Helen's "peeps" did go into the nearby florist (a good friend of mine) because they needed gardenias at 8:00 the next morning. My friend told them that the shipment comes in the afternoon because it's a popular wedding flower for Sat and Sun weddings...
They told him that Helen "couldn't understand" why she couldn't have them in the morning and my friend said "well...that's why she makes movies and I'm a florist!"

Isn't that funny?

quote]

That is Extreeeeeemly funny! icon_lol.gif Good for your friend! But, sometimes it's not the "ARTIST" that makes those demand..sometimes it's just the BROWN NOSING STAFF! icon_evil.gif

lol

Well, next time they come over to film...we from CC will decend upon you like a flood of locust! icon_razz.gif

so put on the pot of coffee and break out the cakes!

adven68 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 3:48pm
post #22 of 25

[quote="RisqueBusiness"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

Well, next time they come over to film...we from CC will decend upon you like a flood of locust! icon_razz.gif

so put on the pot of coffee and break out the cakes!

I always have coffee on at my house....come on over!!!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 5:12am
post #23 of 25

Bette has gotten cakes from Colette before, there are some on her site. DO the cakes!! They'd love you for it and make sure you stick in a stack of business cards!

da_goof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
da_goof Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 5:49am
post #24 of 25

we have some stars up here where i live in the moutains I not sure you guys know him Ned beatty (sp) and he lives up in a small town called camp nelson and william Shatter (star treck) has a hourse ranch up here he lives up here some of the time . we do the patrol around his ranch and he has his place guarded like it a big gated place. I guess he does not want people to bother him. Bot he is getting fat and looking old. lol

RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:31pm
post #25 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_goof

we have some stars up here where i live in the moutains I not sure you guys know him Ned beatty (sp) and he lives up in a small town called camp nelson and william Shatter (star treck) has a hourse ranch up here he lives up here some of the time . we do the patrol around his ranch and he has his place guarded like it a big gated place. I guess he does not want people to bother him. Bot he is getting fat and looking old. lol

!
hehehe..maybe he needs more cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%