Shocking Discovery

Decorating By alanahodgson Updated 7 Aug 2007 , 6:18pm by TexasSugar

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:44am
post #1 of 10

I was just browsing through earlenescakes.com seeing what there was to see when I stumbled upon a shocking discovery. There in the colors and dusting section of her "store" were decorating chalks. Marketed to be used for coloring sugarpaste flowers. I HAVE THIS ALREADY!! I've been wanting to buy some petal dust to play around with gumpaste flowers but its so expensive. I can't believe I have this item sitting in a drawer of scrapbook supplies I don't use any more! This is too good to be true. I'm very excited. If you don't know what I"m talking about, here's a picture. You MAY have it, too, and don't even know it!
LL

9 replies
JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:47am
post #2 of 10

I have the same!!!!! Yahooooooo!!!!

buffim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buffim Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:48am
post #3 of 10

Just a question, but if you have ones for scrapbooking, would they be edible?

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:48am
post #4 of 10

I think I have these too lol I don't know I'll have to look and see what exactly my little case is but it looks identical to this lol.

armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:48am
post #5 of 10

wow. this is good to know. i don't have one of these, but now i know i can use one if needed. thanks for sharing your find! icon_smile.gif
usaribbon.gif

cakelady52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady52 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:52am
post #6 of 10

You have to be sure that the package say Non-Toxic on it.

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:52am
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffim

Just a question, but if you have ones for scrapbooking, would they be edible?

It's EXACTLY the same. I was even laughing at the description on the website because it says "acid free". That scrapbook lingo. icon_lol.gif

krazeekaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazeekaker Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:02am
post #8 of 10

just make sure they say non toxic on them and they're edible. i use what they call pastel chalk. they look like a stick of chalk and all you have to do is scratch them on a piece of paper and use your brush to pick up the dust color and brush your flowers with it. they are way cheaper than the petal dusts you can buy. i bought a set of like 56 colors for about $7 dollars on ebay.

MandyBs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MandyBs Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 2:16pm
post #9 of 10

Hobby Lobby carries this set too! I've been using it for my gumpaste for a couple of years - works great!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 6:18pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazeekaker

just make sure they say non toxic on them and they're edible....

I'm sorry but non toxic doesn't not make something edible. Non toxic just means that it shouldn't make you sick if you ingest it, not that you should eat it. Elmer's glue is non toxic, but does that mean kids should suck down the whole bottle of it? Or that you would mix in a recipe of something you plan to eat?

A lot of the dusts out there are non toxic, but not considered edible, so it's basicly the same thing as using these chalks, but then again they suggest you just use them on things that are not going to be eaten.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the two words did not mean the same exact thing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%