Trying My 2Nd Cake Need Opinions.

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 7 Oct 2006 , 7:10pm by jedmo01s

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 5:01am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone.

Ok I am doing my second cake or should I say cakes. I am doing mini cakes for my SIL's birthday on Thursday. I took a great idea I saw here using cans as baking pans. I used mini veggie cans since I wanted them to be small. I have made lilac roses that are in the fridge now. I need some advice though. I am considering two different designs and I can't figure out which to do.

1st design below is my first idea. I would cover them in fondant and do cute flower pots. My question is does anyone have an idea how to achieve the flower pot color? I love these but just don't know yet.

2nd design below. I love these they are so beautiful. The cake is a wonderful chocolate cake and I would do the fondant in an ivory with lilac details to compliment the flowers I have already made.

I only have two design ideas but I have a 3rd question. I would love to fill the mini cakes with a cream. Like the little hostess cupcakes you buy at the store (man I love those things LOL). Anyone have a recipe for that or something similar?

Thanks all for your nice words on the first cake I made, I will post pictures of the mini cakes later once they are finished. Look for it on this forum or Cake Disasters LOL.

PatticakesNC
LL
LL

3 replies
AngD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngD Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 4

I like the idea of the fondant ivory wit hthe lilac details, very elegant and pretty. As far as the filling , I found the "twinkie filling" on this site
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2292-69-Twinkie-Filling.html
That would be great I think.
Goodluck and post those pics! icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 4 Oct 2006 , 2:37pm
post #3 of 4

if you're wanting to do the flower pots......you can get that color ( I did a flower pot cake, pretty much the same color) by mixing wilton's brown with some orange and a touch of red, just have to play with it....I had a terra cotta pot in front of me while I was mixing the fondant so I could use it for color reference.

jedmo01s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jedmo01s Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 4

I just wanted to let you know that you have some georgeous cakes! I love the pastel colors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%