I'm An Amateur Cake Decorator And I Need Help...

Decorating By lyndy1974 Updated 7 Aug 2007 , 5:24pm by DCHall

lyndy1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndy1974 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 6:11pm
post #1 of 5

Hello everyone, I am making a wedding cake for a friend of mine, her weddign is in October of this year. She wants a fishing theme, Please help... she wants some bass fish on the sides of the cake , how or what should I do about this, do I paint or cut out a fish shape out of fondant then paint it? I need some ideas an advice...icon_smile.gif

4 replies
breelaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
breelaura Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 5

Depending on the size, etc., that you want, there's a chocolate mold (prob several) that would make it go a lot faster. Luster dust is also great because it gives the shiny metallic fish scale look. Run a gallery search and you'll see some really great work!

mjs4492 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjs4492 Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 5

My thoughts went to the chocolate molds also.

bjfranco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjfranco Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:23pm
post #4 of 5

yep, chocoloate mold was my first thought also but if she is wanting an animated cake you could do chocolate transfers. There is also colorflow. You can find articles on CC to do the transfers and color flow.

bj

DCHall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DCHall Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 5

The chocolate modls would probably be easiest. You could probably get a cookie cutter and cut fish out of fondant (or even make cookies) and then decorate, paint, etc.

If you have access to an airbrush, you might even be able to buya stencil and paint the fish directly onto the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%