Yes, Another Request For Help With A Business Name.....

Decorating By auntsushi Updated 2 Oct 2006 , 3:43am by CindyM

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:12am
post #1 of 26

Pretty please.....

I am getting enough practice under my belt that I'd like to start advertising and getting the word out about my "business". I am toiling over a name. I didn't think it'd be this hard to think of something.

Here's a little about me - maybe you can all help me come up with something. You've all had some great ideas for others! My name is Suzanne, nicknames of Zanner (by my brothers), Aunt Sushi by a nephew and a good friend of his for the past 15 years. Don't wanna use Sushi, though, because.............well, who wants to buy a cake from someone who has Sushi in their name. LOL. My favorite color is purple - in fact, I'm purple crazy for some reason. Always have been. I live just south of Denver (Colorado) in a suburb called Highlands Ranch. I want to do cakes, cheesecakes, cookies and chocolates. So, I was thinking of something along the lines of "So and So's Cakes & Confections. I would like the name to sound "elegant" as opposed to "cute" because I want to someday soon do wedding cakes and would like to attract the "big dollar" spenders (if I can). There is a rather expensive and "posh" area of Denver called Cherry Creek, so the name Cherry Creek Cakes & Confections has crossed my mind.......but I'm just not sure (too long and wordy?). I'm also not sure of using the name Cherry Creek if I don't LIVE in Cherry Creek (I know it's legal but people will also ask if "my bakery" is there??). I am a Christian and would really like to have something related to my faith in the title......but am coming up blank (maybe Blessed Bakery, Heavenly Creations, Heavenly Cakes & Confections?).

My mind is swirling with ideas, just nothing that really "nails it for me" so far.

If you're all so inclined, can you help me with this one? I don't think I want my name in the title - not sure why.....although a good friend of mine suggested SUZIE'S SWEETS (I go by Suzanne or Suzie) - SUZIES SWEET CONFECTIONS. Hmmmm. I don't know.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to hearing some of your great ideas.

25 replies
ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:24am
post #2 of 26

Well, for a name that is more elitish...
Chez Suzanne Cakery
(and confections) - as a subtitle.

When you advertise you could always add the subline of

Now serving Cherry Creek

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 4:46am
post #3 of 26

I kind of like that - sounds so.......oui, oui, madame icon_lol.gif

I'm gonna bump myself in the hopes of getting some more great suggestions, too....thanks for your input !! I mean, merci beaucoup, mademoiselle icon_smile.gif

atkin600 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
atkin600 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 8:24am
post #4 of 26

If you wanted something spiritual, you could do Covenant Cakes and Confections. I think I spelled that right.

cowdex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowdex Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 8:44am
post #5 of 26

Stay close to the first of the alphabet (for the yellow pages).

zaazzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zaazzy Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 9:17am
post #6 of 26

How about Heavenly Cakes and Confectioners.

("CAKES TO DIE FOR" - THis is me just being silly) LOL

I like Heavenly Cakes and Confectioners

Maybe Divine Creations - Cakes and Confectioners.

All The Best

Have a Blessed Sunday

Rooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rooh Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:02pm
post #7 of 26

Try this one out:

Heaven Scent Cakes and Confections

Edited to add:

Heaven Scent Creations

beetle1948 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beetle1948 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:16pm
post #8 of 26

How about

A Halo of Cakes & Confectioners Confessions

beetle1948 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:20pm
post #9 of 26

How about

"Blessed Batters"

beetle1948 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:09pm
post #10 of 26

How about

"Batters of Faith"
"A Prayer & A Heavenly Cake"
"Heavenly Cake let us pray"
"Blind Faith Cakes"

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 8:23pm
post #11 of 26

Divine Decadance: cakes, confections, cookies and chocolates to die for.

Purple Purgatory Pleasures: the guilt of eating our cakes and confections alone will add years to your stay there!

------------

can use purple as your "signature" color"

create a signature dessert that you name "Cherry Creek" -- like a cheesecake or strudle?

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 8:37pm
post #12 of 26

Well, how about just..

Cherry Creek Confections? and make purple your signature color?

I used to be Heaven-Lee Custom Cakes when I was in PA, as my married name was LEE! lol

My new place is Risque Business Bakery & Cafe, and my signature color is PINK! I even found a glittery glaze to put on my walls!

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 8:38pm
post #13 of 26

Maybe

Blessed Faith Bakery

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 9:35pm
post #14 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

Well, how about just..

I used to be Heaven-Lee Custom Cakes when I was in PA, as my married name was LEE! lol

My new place is Risque Business Bakery & Cafe, and my signature color is PINK! I even found a glittery glaze to put on my walls!

Ok....now I am just flat out jealous! You have sparkly pink walls???? That is like a dream come true for me - that is my favorite color. My friends say it's obnoxious but I say "Bite me!"....I like it!

Not sure about a religious name...... how about

'Sacred Sweets'

'Confession-worthy Confections'

hee hee....icon_lol.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 9:43pm
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeDiva73

'Confession-worthy Confections'

i think i hear a winner!

Lolafalano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lolafalano Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 9:52pm
post #16 of 26

I wouldn't use anything too religious, that's just me though, you don't want to limit your clientele! Confession Worthy Confections is enough of a pun and not offensive to anyone who isn't spiritual.

CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 9:56pm
post #17 of 26

All right... I have question then....

What do you hear when you see this:

Coakie Joe's

Half my friends love it and the other half don't get it. My grandparents names were "Coakie" and "Joe" and it is pronounced Coke-EEEE.

I am at a point where if I have to change it, now is the time...sorry, not trying to hi-jack the thre

CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 9:56pm
post #18 of 26

Cripes....

ChristaPaloma Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 10:03pm
post #19 of 26
Quote:

All right... I have question then....

What do you hear when you see this:

Coakie Joe's

Half my friends love it and the other half don't get it. My grandparents names were "Coakie" and "Joe" and it is pronounced Coke-EEEE.

I am at a point where if I have to change it, now is the time...sorry, not trying to hi-jack the thre

Anything else on the end of that?...like ...cakes or something...asking because just "Coakie Joe's" doesn't say it by itself....sounds like a bar if you don't add a descriptor after it...aside from that Coakie Joe's is a great namesake...I'd go with it with an adder like Cakes...and kids will love it too.... you could use a little creature mascot for a logo....and call him Coakie Joe ...very cute and very marketable name.

CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 10:08pm
post #20 of 26

Coakie Joe's Cakes is the full name. I just LOVED it for totally sentimental reasons and I thought it was pretty cool but now I am doubting myself a bit. I am using a motif of a 1950's diner...you know, baby pink and teal with black and white? Sorry, wasn't trying to take over thread. I should have posted a sep. one.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 10:36pm
post #21 of 26

Suzanne's Patisserie - Hey, your name sounds French and why not just continue the French for pastry shop. You might need to include Napoleons in your offerings but they are easy.

CakeDiva73 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 10:45pm
post #22 of 26

What is a Napolean? icon_redface.gif

ChristaPaloma Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 11:22pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:

Coakie Joe's Cakes is the full name. I just LOVED it for totally sentimental reasons and I thought it was pretty cool but now I am doubting myself a bit. I am using a motif of a 1950's diner...you know, baby pink and teal with black and white? Sorry, wasn't trying to take over thread. I should have posted a sep. one.

I like it, very much...it's a fun name and a conversation starter as people will ask about the name when they see it. No matter what you pick, some will love it, some will hate it and others won;t care, so please yourself...

PS.. a napoleon is a layered french pastry...

puff pastry, custard and swirled icing.

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 11:31pm
post #24 of 26

Puff pastry cut in rectangles, split into layers after they are baked and then stacked. Three layers of puff pastry with 2 layers of pastry cream the top layer has vanilla glaze with chocolate stripes zig-zagged. This link will take you to a tradtional Napoleon.
http://www.featurepics.com/online/PastryCreamNapoleonRaspberriesPictures89192.aspx

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 3:41am
post #25 of 26

[quote="CakeDiva73"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

Well, how about just..

Ok....now I am just flat out jealous! You have sparkly pink walls???? That is like a dream come true for me - that is my favorite color. My friends say it's obnoxious but I say "Bite me!"....I like it!

quote]

hahha, sorry to highjack this post, but I have to answer Cake Diva, I say to those people that find PINK obnoxious to bite me too. If you have a Walmart near you...that's where I got the Pink Sparkly glaze...I think it was like in the kids home improvement section...or something like that! lol

Go forth CakeDiva and get your PINK SPARKLE WALL GLAZE....It makes me happy just looking at it!! lol

CindyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyM Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 3:43am
post #26 of 26

Aunt Sushi -
I've been trying to come up with a name for my way future business, and I was trying to incorporate a Christian theme in mine, too! Had thought of 'Sonshine' - maybe Suzanne's Sonshine Confections, etc. ... or maybe use 'grace'?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%