??ideas For Twin Baby Shower Cookies???

Baking By KHalstead Updated 5 Aug 2007 , 10:05pm by thecupcakemom

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 1:59pm
post #1 of 14

I need some ideas to tell a client about some cookies for twin girls for a baby shower favor.....so far all I can come up with is a round cookie, with two babies in a pea pod "two peas in a pod"...and a basic round cookie covered in pink with two mmf babies on top??? can anyone help ?? you guys always have awesome ideas.......oh initially she wanted the baby cookies in my photos but two to a bag and they're sooooooooo much work I'm trying to think of something simpler..I already told her if she wanted those they'd have to be on a smaller scale because who is gonna want to take home 4 large cookies each?? well I would...but lol

TIA for any help you can offer! icon_lol.gif

13 replies
KHalstead Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:02pm
post #2 of 14

here are the ones she wanted......Iguess I could make them smaller......but the little feet always wanna break and they drive me nuts LOL
LL

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 14

oh my.. THOSE ARE TOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!! Check out this site.. They have ideas..
http://www.cornerstorkbabygifts.com/onesie-cookie.aspx

AmyCakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyCakes2 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:10pm
post #4 of 14

Somewhere in the cookie gallery I saw a peapod shaped cookie (Two peas in a pod theme). It was adorable! I tried to find it for you - but couldn't, there are too many pages! If I can find the link for you, I'll post it. Otherwise, I KNOW it's in there!!!
Good luck!

KHalstead Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 14

thanks definitely some cute ideas...........I make my own cutters too so as long as it's not too intricate of a shape I'm all for it too.......That site made me think it might be cute to do two pink onesies (one actual cookie) but in the shape of two onesies slightly fanned out and decorate them both with pink and white?? thanks for the ideas briansbaker!!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 14

Wilton has that double heart cookie cutter.
You could turn that upside down and do the same thing with the head and feet. Put diapers on the round part of the heart. Or just the diaper butts.

Lu

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 2:29pm
post #7 of 14

Do a search for 2 peas in a pod on this site and 4 pics will show up and give you an inspiration?!?!

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 5:42pm
post #8 of 14

If you do a search for: pea pod baby you will see a cute baby in a pea
pod done by yankeegirl. It might inspire you! icon_smile.gif

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 8:38pm
post #9 of 14

I do have a pea pod in my pics....this is a very popular cookie for showers-easy to add another baby to it.

KHalstead Posted 3 Aug 2007 , 9:50pm
post #10 of 14

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that cookie.......I did some cookies in this theme before but not even close to being as cool as yankeegal's.....I love that cookie.....did you cover in mmf and then add royal accents??? looks awesome!!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 12:09am
post #11 of 14

Thanks!!
I use RBC and then royal....MMF would work fine also.

Bouncin4Bonjovi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bouncin4Bonjovi Posted 4 Aug 2007 , 2:35am
post #12 of 14

If you had the 4 tier cake cutter, you could make baby blocks and spell out in pink "I-T-S-T-W-I-N-S. For example, put the "I" in the first block at the top and then "T" and "S" in the second block, so on and so forth. I thought of the idea myself, although it is pretty plain jane. HTH

KHalstead Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 9:55pm
post #13 of 14

not plain jane at all.....sounds like a really cute idea and a good way to multipurpose a cutter which I'm always interested in!!!!!

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 10:05pm
post #14 of 14

Being the mother of twins...I usually introduce them as Double and Trouble. Two onesies w/ one name on each would be adorable...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%