Grrrr!!! Just Needing To Vent!!!!

Decorating By GaPeach2430139 Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 7:20pm by okieinalaska

GaPeach2430139 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GaPeach2430139 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 3

I dont own a business. I just do cakes as a hobby. But word of mouth gets around when somebody likes your cakes and my "no business" seems to have turned into a business on the side. But NEVER I mean never do a favor for a friend of a family member on a cake!!! I really just got burned!!!! My sister came to me and asked me to make a wedding cake for a friend of hers who really couldnt afford a huge expensive cake. I priced her one for $150 (my black and white vintage in my pics). She agreed. I delivered the cake and set it up for FREE!!!!!! ( Almost 1 1/2 hours away (oneway) from my house!! I did this cake on July 7. I have not seen a dime for this cake. My sister is horribly embarrassed and ashamed because this girl has not paid me.

I have called and just get voice mail on her phone and I have emailed her and no response. I am almost to a point where I am going to show up where she works and ask for my money. She gave my sister a sob story about school starting and her rent payment and stuff. But I am SORRY I have to live TOO. I have kids and a mortgage, too. Does that make me callus??

I dont usually do one without payment first, but I felt sorry for her.
I will never deliver another one without my money up front or on delivery!!! LESSON LEARNED!!! icon_mad.gif

2 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPeach2430139

.... She gave my sister a sob story about school starting and her rent payment and stuff.

So when you DO connect with her, you give her a sob story about school starting and rent being due and stuff.

It's not a one-way street. Why do they think THEY are the only ones with bills due? icon_confused.gif

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 3

Bummer, nice job on the cake though.

It's hard to learn a lesson like that the hard way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%