Suggeston Please

Decorating By Leashlar Updated 6 Aug 2007 , 8:39pm by Leashlar

Leashlar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leashlar Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 16

I have been comissioned to make a cake for the Junior miss America, the cake will need to be large enough to feed 300 people (easy) i am happy with that since it give a large decorating space. i dont like sheet cakes as the docre is flat. i want to do some type of tierd or shped have that reflect her Bangladeshi heritage and her Achievment. I would really value all of your ideas

15 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:20pm
post #2 of 16

what about a tiered cake with a tiara on top, a fondant banner wrapped around with writing on it and then on the sides of the cake some symbols from her heritage? Just some ideas hopefully!

handymama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 16

Cakerator--that's wonderful! Perhaps also a bouquet of roses tucked into the sash or laying on the cake board.

i_heart_pastry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
i_heart_pastry Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 4:57pm
post #4 of 16

The first thing that comes to mind are the beautiful fabrics used to make Sarees (traditional Bangladeshi women's clothing). It would be awesome to use some traditional patterns and maybe do a fondant drape over a stacked cake (similar to the way the fabric drapes over the shoulder and down the front of a sari). If you do a Google search for "saree" and "sari" you'll find some great examples.

Bec

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 5:09pm
post #5 of 16

I definitely think a tiered cake is the only way to go for it.. I love cakerator's idea.

Just another idea to go along with it though. I would make a smaller tiered cake and then make up the servings in rectangle cakes (but still make them double layer and filled like the tiered cake)

This way with 300 people your display cake is on display longer and they can start with serving the sheet cakes.

Can't wait to see what you do.

Leashlar Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 16

I love the tiara idea, i am definatly going to make the top piece that, and i also love the Sari patteren idea, that will do nicely, i can use some of the colors she wore upon accepting the crown , i never thought to have sheet cakes to serve the crowd , that aslo is a great idea, and it will keep from having the main cake to high thanks all fo you i cant wait to start sketching some of this!

fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 16

I like the sari idea. Oh those beautiful rich colors! Maybe you can incorporate the sari and tiara idea in one. Sari inspired cake with tiara on top? icon_biggrin.gif

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 8:51pm
post #8 of 16

handymama and leily thank you so much! Normally I don't have a creative bone in me but I can just picture a beautiful tiered cake for this girl!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 9:52pm
post #9 of 16

I just wanted to give you congrats on getting this cake job! What great exposure!

Leashlar Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 9:54pm
post #10 of 16

Thank you Indy, ive done several cakes for this group in the past, all as donations, im glad they liked them and decided to hire me icon_smile.gif

Leashlar Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 9:57pm
post #11 of 16

ive taken the first of ideas posted here and this is an sketch of the very top teir, the red whit and blue represent the us flag sinc eit is miss junior america, and the green a marron represent the bangladeshi flag, the top will be a sugar or gumpaste crown , i am working one sketching the next portion with the sari pattern idea, please giv eyour feed back so i can make changes, the credit for this cake design will go to you guys icon_smile.gif
LL

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 1 Aug 2007 , 10:50pm
post #12 of 16

not loving your design. Sorry. I do like the tiara and the color of the dress she was wearing when she won her crown. You could also put a piece of tradition garb on the cake plate. How about a sash across the front that says Junior Miss America.

CourtneysCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysCustomCakes Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 5:15am
post #13 of 16

I think there are two posts of this in forums But my idea is doing a Henna design on maybe a tiered cake and have a sash cascading across the cake. But a tiara would be nice on top.

C.C.C.

Leashlar Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 2:56pm
post #14 of 16

ok, lets scrap the top pice, keep in mind this is going to be a large cake and probaly 4-6 tiers, i want each teir to be slightly different but all blend, the top will be a nice crown which i can make well but cant reall draw well with a mouse.

so Julz are you saying to have a 4-7 tier pink cake with only a sash and crown?

and Courtney i love the Henna idea, should the whole cake be henna or just some of the tiers, also how can we incorporate the contest into the henna cake?

CourtneysCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysCustomCakes Posted 2 Aug 2007 , 3:31pm
post #15 of 16

leashlar -- I hadn't thought about that. I think it would look nice going around the bottom 1/2 or less of each layer. With the top smooth. And then have a sash cascading down the cake that says "Miss Junior........., Or congrats, or her country." That would incorporate the contest.

I think the Henna would look nice too on the whole cake but then I think that would have to be all you can do because much more might get too busy.

Leashlar Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 8:39pm
post #16 of 16

ok, so i just bought the stand online, it is officially going to be 7 teirs, the top will of course habe the crown, i want to do the Mehndi iead , any ideas on stencils im good with a lot of designs but not mehndi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%