Hidden Column Help

Decorating By smiling1809 Updated 16 Feb 2005 , 12:44am by smiling1809

smiling1809 Posted 18 Jan 2005 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 7

I need a source for round, unscalloped cake separator plates. Wilton does not SEEM to have them. I am also interested in ivory if anyone has any sources for this.

6 replies
smiling1809 Posted 19 Jan 2005 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 7

Got em!!!

I found round, in ivory, with trimmable columns so I can do the floating columns.

chrisrich Posted 19 Jan 2005 , 6:57pm
post #3 of 7

Please! Tell us where you found them and, if you can, show us what they look like.


MrsMissey Posted 29 Jan 2005 , 6:55pm
post #4 of 7

It looks as tough Sugarcraft.com sells them. They don't have a picture but the description fits. Hope this helps! Missey

ihavasweet2th Posted 29 Jan 2005 , 7:52pm
post #5 of 7

Smiling 1809,

I use the Wilton Crystal-Clear Cake divider set plates. They are also the plates used on the Wilton Floating Tier Cake Stand. Then I use the Wilton Hidden pillars. They work Great, no I don't have stock in Wilton!!


smiling1809 Posted 16 Feb 2005 , 12:41am
post #6 of 7

I can't remember where I got them, but I think it might have been sugarcraft???

smiling1809 Posted 16 Feb 2005 , 12:44am
post #7 of 7

I just found where I ordered them-www.bakingshop.com
They are not true hidden pillars, but can be cut to size and used a hidden pillars. it doesn't say they can, but I took a good look at the wilton, and it appears that they are just trimmable columns. You just trim them slightly above the cake so it will look as though the tiers are floating.

Quote by @%username% on %date%