Where Can I Find Custom Cake Boxes.....

Decorating By LadyGDiver Updated 20 Sep 2006 , 9:52pm by cakebox

LadyGDiver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyGDiver Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 3:32am
post #1 of 6

[i]Where can I find custom cake boxes specifically designed for transporting cakes? I know I've seen them on the internet somewhere but have search all night with no luck. icon_cry.gif They are very sturdy and designed for seperate layers, even come with a foam pad in each box. Made of heavy corrugated cardboard....... Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nancy

5 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 3:35am
post #2 of 6

Never heard of that but here's a bump..I'd like to know too!

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 7:18am
post #3 of 6

I don't know if they still do this, but Bakery craft used to sell boxes as part of a kit for wedding cakes. You would have to be a business to buy from them, although you might try and look them up online. They supply alot of cake kits to Wal-Mart and grocery stores. Other than that you could just find a box supplier and use the foam pads as cushioning. I transport all my cakes in boxes. The smaller tiers in white bakery boxes, the larger tiers in sturdy cardboard, I leave the white boxes for the client, but take the larger boxes back to reuse. I always put the non-skid pad in the box, especially if the board the cake is on is smaller then the box.

cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 7:51am
post #4 of 6

LadyGDiver= I looked up Bakery Craft under google, they have whats called a Wedding Merchandising Program that have the boxes with the pads, It looks like you have to sign in and be a member, but might be worth the try. Hope this helps.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 7:57pm
post #5 of 6

I use an under the bed storage unit. All three tiers fit in the rubbermaid box. The cake bases are 8", 12" and 16" and I can get all three in the box. I put that foam shelf liner in the box and they do not move! I have a small moving cart that I got at lowe's to put the storage box on and my tool/repair lit goes on top of the box to get to set-up site in one move. I bring a couple of cheap cake boxes for left-overs to leave at the site. This has got to be the best $7.50 I've ever spent!!

cakebox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebox Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 6

Don't know if this is what you're looking for:

http://www.bakingshop.com/cakes/cakeboxes.htm

(Probably not the cheapest option - but if you're looking for boxes that don't have to be returned, these might do.)

~cakebox aka Henley, the scrounger

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%