Cheesecake Pops

Baking By erinlynn22 Updated 7 Dec 2006 , 8:35pm by starra328

erinlynn22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinlynn22 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 15

I was thinking about making chessecake balls and sticking them on lollypop sticks and coating them with chocolate/nuts/other toppings.

I would make the cheese cake, then once it sets, scoop balls, but the stick in and freeze before i coat them.
My question, do you think i could use teh No back Cheesecake recipe for this? I figure it would work w/ a baked cheesecake, but i'd like to try a nobake kind.
Thanks for your help and happy baking icon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 15

Don't the no bake cheese cakes have a different consistency that regular cheesecakes?

Debbi

edcjenv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edcjenv Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 15

As long as the no-bake recipe you're using doesn't include whipped cream. If it does I think the coating would make them fall apart.

erinlynn22 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 15

The one recipe i found did uses heavy cream. I might just give it a try, or use Jello's no bake cheesecake for something different. Its for afamily bbq on saturday so if they don't turn out perfect, no one will mind (We are all cheese cake fans). Thanks for your help>
Erin

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 15

Here is a recipe using a store-bought cheesecake. I have not made it, so I don't know how it would turn out.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/cooking/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_25306,00.html

erinlynn22 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 12:23am
post #6 of 15

I ended up making a cheese cake for my grandmothers birthday and it made a big batch so i just used the extra of that to make the cheesecake lollipops. I dipped them in chocolate then into nuts. They were really good. I'll make them again sometime.

Abby1182 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abby1182 Posted 22 Nov 2006 , 6:02pm
post #7 of 15

I just made cheesecake pops for thanksgiving. I tried the Jello nobake ones and then I also bought Sara Lee Cheesecake and scooped out the filling. After I scooped out the filling I used a pastry bag to make the balls because the filling was too sticky. I froze them over night. They turned out really well. I dipped them in chocolate and candy the next day. The jello no bake ones turned out fine but were not near as tasty. The were however much cheaper to make. Hope this helps, My 16 month old daughter was a huge fan of these treats and loved dipping her own.
Abby

coolj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolj Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 15

Just saw this. There was a "party" that took place in Florida, and it was shown on the Food Network. One of the desserts was frozen cheesecake lollipops. Great ideas here. My question is where do I buy lollipop sticks? Thanks, Julia

Janzcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janzcakes Posted 3 Dec 2006 , 11:27pm
post #9 of 15

You can buy the sticks at any place like Bulk Barn, Michaels, some dollar stores, craft stores. icon_smile.gif

coolj Posted 4 Dec 2006 , 10:00pm
post #10 of 15

Lollipop sticks? Really, at Michael's? I know they have craft sticks, but I didn't realize they also sold lollipop sticks. Guess they would since they sell candy making supplies. Thank you for your response.

coolj Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 2:12pm
post #11 of 15

Ok, I bought the lollipop sticks at Michaels and made them last night. They're in the freezer now. This is going to sound dumb, but, here goes. Do I melt the chocolate and then let it cool before applying to the cheesecake balls? Will the chocolate harden in the container if I do that? If I apply as soon as melted, will it start to melt the cheesecake balls? Thank you for your help. Julia

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 2:20pm
post #12 of 15

You could do it similar to you would for the cake truffles... let the chocolate cool down just a bit, enough that it isn't scolding hot but still warm enough it isn't hardened, and then dip them icon_smile.gif

coolj Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:26pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks, Becky. I just finished them and they're back in the freezer. I'm having a party in a week and I'm going to stick them on one of those green styrofoam "conical" forms. If there's room, I plan to place pointsettias in between. I'll use a candle wreath for the bottom of the "tree". I appreciate your help. What are cake truffles?

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:35pm
post #14 of 15

I like this, I'm going to make some for Christmas along with my cake balls. Thank you very much

starra328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
starra328 Posted 7 Dec 2006 , 8:35pm
post #15 of 15

I made these for Thanksgiving i used Philadephia already made cheesecake filling but i add a little egg white to it and baked for about 15 -20 minutes when it cooled i just mashed with a spoon until it was able to be piped and just piped out balls with a # 12 tip, stuck the sticks in and froze, then dipped . My family loved them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%