Pans For Sale

Decorating By 3boys Updated 1 Jul 2005 , 3:31pm by ntertayneme

3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3boys Posted 29 Jun 2005 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 7

I'm in need of a 18x18x2 inch square pan. Does anyone want to sell one??? I need it by July 10th. Thank you!!

6 replies
melodyangel1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyangel1978 Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 7

I personnaly have never seen an 18" square pan. What I did for a wedding cake with an 18" square tier was use a 9" pan set 4 times, "glued" them together with icing it worked fine! the picture is in my pics "my first wedding cake" Hope that helps!

cakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 7

Make sure your oven will hold it before you invest .......that's pretty big........I'd "glue" cakes together before I'd buy a pan that large.......will you use it again?

3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3boys Posted 30 Jun 2005 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you for the advice! That's a great idea to use 4- 9 in. pans!!! I'm just trying to feed more people. I did find one but it was $30.00 plus shipping!! Thanks again! thumbs_up.gif

SweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreations Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 3:44am
post #5 of 7

I have found that most of the time its just as cheap.. if not Cheaper to buy the pans from stores in your area. Ebay can be good buttt..... here lately the pans are high, if they are not,, the shipping is..But Sometimes you can get some really GREAT deals on a big lot of pans.. ~Good Luck with your Cake!
~Sweet~=0)

APCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
APCakes Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 3:10pm
post #6 of 7

Plus, would it even fit in a normal oven? I think you have to have at least 2 inches on each side for the heat to circulate right.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 3:31pm
post #7 of 7

I'd for sure check the oven to make sure it'd fit. I have a rether large oven and a 16" square or round pan just barely makes it ... I've seen some websites that have 18" square pans I believe. They're rather pricey though .. I think the idea 3boys used, 4-9" pans to make the 18" square would be a good one to try icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%