Pta Cake Ideas

Decorating By kidscakelady Updated 12 Sep 2006 , 9:39pm by Dustbunny

kidscakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidscakelady Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 12:10am
post #1 of 11

Hello out there. Calling on all you wonderfully creative people for a little help. I am going to make a cake for our first PTA meeting on Wed. night (at the request of the v-president and one of my biggest customers who looks for any reason to get cake) I was thinking of using the PTA logo and everychild,one voice as a FBCT but am draawing a blank as to what else to put ont his. Any ideas?? I looked through the galleries and didn't really find anything. Could really use your help. I'm hoping this will drum up some business from some of the parents

10 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 1:26am
post #2 of 11

What about some fondant school suplies, books, pencils, rulers, crayons, etc....

bayougrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bayougrl Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 1:31am
post #3 of 11

Don't forget about an apple for teacher.

mommacat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacat5 Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 4:25am
post #4 of 11

I am in charge of Campbells labels for education for our PTA, i did a soup can it is in my pictures...computer idiot so i cant link you to it. Good luck! Maybe use something else that PTA is involved in.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 12:09pm
post #5 of 11

What about "Thanks for your support"?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 12:35pm
post #6 of 11

how about the whole it takes a community to raise a child and do fondant cutouts like paper dolls with the hands linked together all around the cake

deborah_amos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deborah_amos Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 11

Does your school have a mascot you could use?

kidscakelady Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 1:18pm
post #8 of 11

Our mascot is a panther Yikes! Not sure I want to put that on the cake. I think I am going to put some children's faces on it that the PTA used on their pamphlet they handed out the first day of school. I like the paper doll idea too. I'm still not so good with fondont-actually I loathe the stuff but maybe it's worth a try.

kidscakelady Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 6:40pm
post #9 of 11

Well, I thank you all for your suggestions. I went ahead and used the faces from the pamphlet afterall and then put the names of some of the things we do throughout the year on the sides. Here is the finished product.I'm hoping it will drum up a little business, my board is looking a little too bare right now. icon_sad.gif
LL

bkdcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bkdcakes Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 7:04pm
post #10 of 11

What a great cake! I'm sure they will love it. I'm PTA Pres. this year and I'd auction that baby off & make some money!!!!!!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 12 Sep 2006 , 9:39pm
post #11 of 11

Looks great thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%