What Do I Charge For A Bridal Shower Cake

Decorating By kitkatkit Updated 3 May 2014 , 9:00pm by -K8memphis

kitkatkit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitkatkit Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 12

I'm making a bridal shower cake for September it is for about 50 poeple. How much do I charge. I think it might be a 2 layer cake.

11 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 12

My charge for buttercream cakes is $2.60 per serving. Gumpaste flowers are extra and fondant motifs are extra. So a basic b/c covered cake for 50 = $130.

tnuty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tnuty Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 12

Wow I really undercharge...I charge 1.50 per serving. depending on the decorations..

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 12

I start at $2.50 pp for basic IMBC with simple design - up to $3.50 for fondant with very simple design - $4.50 for sculpting/carving, etc... and higher depending design.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 12

I charge a basic price of $65.. extra for specialized decorations.

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 12

You are going to get a huge range of prices on here... it depends on a lot of things! icon_lol.gif like... bakery or home....legal or not....style and frostings...Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY or Nevada, MO (sorry my favorite really small town! icon_lol.gif )

What do you think your time is worth add in the cost of your ingredients and there you go! icon_lol.gif Have fun!

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 12

$3.00 per sv for bc, $3.50 for fondant, up from there for specialty flavors etc.

But IF...I am also doing their wedding cake, though, and IF I'm not busy, and IF I feel like it, I make them a terrific deal. For my last bride, I did her a little 6 and 10" shower cake for basically my cost plus about $15.00, but I was bored that weekend and I made her swear she wouldn't tell. icon_smile.gif

katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:29pm
post #8 of 12

that depends...what kind of cake is it? fillings? if so what kind? chocolate? is it the good kind? how long will it take you? What do you think your time is worth?

Liz1028 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Liz1028 Posted 18 Jul 2007 , 4:44pm
post #9 of 12

I do the same as gingoodies. I charge a flat fee for a sheet or round cake and then up the price depending on the intricacy of the decoration. Good luck! icon_wink.gif

Baking Square1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Square1 Posted 3 May 2014 , 5:07am
post #10 of 12

I was asked to make a bridal shower cake, two cakes 8in and a 10in with fondant for 25 people what should I charge?:smile: 

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 3 May 2014 , 5:23am
post #11 of 12

ASame amount as you would for a birthday.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 May 2014 , 9:00pm
post #12 of 12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baking Square1 

I was asked to make a bridal shower cake, two cakes 8in and a 10in with fondant for 25 people what should I charge?:smile: 

an 8x10 serves more than twice as many servings--over 60--

if they wanna order a 10x8 then it's 60 servings times how much you charge for fondant cakes --like somewhere around $3 - $5 a serving is an average price give or take so that's about $180--

but if they want a 2-tier cake to serve 25 that's different--think of it this way--both of these cakes would actually take about the same amount of time to make right? so you want to set a minimum order dollar amount --say your minimum order amount is $100 so for example if someone wants a 2-tier cake to serve 15 people you can do it for $100 -- $100 is the lowest amount you will allow yourself to receive for doing any tier cake --see what i mean? if you charged $4 per serving it should only be $60 but you have a minimum so it's $100 -- it's important because some people will try diligently try to lowball you--so just be aware of this--

so figure out a healthy per serving price and let them know they get 25 servings or 60 servings but they gotta pay for all of them--if you only have 10" and 8" pans buy another one to do this cake ;) like a 5" pan  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%