Perfect Cupcake:)

Decorating By gracie Updated 1 Jul 2005 , 10:07pm by peacockplace

gracie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracie Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 5:11am
post #1 of 5

HELLO EVERYONE AT CAKE CENTRALicon_smile.gif

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET A PERFECT MOUND WHEN BAKING A CUPCAKE IS THERE ANYTHING ONE COULD ADD TO MAKE THE CUPCAKES RISE MORE? ALSO HOW MUCH IN A MEASUREMENT FORM SHOULD ONE ADD TO A CUPCAKE LINER IF THEY ARE USING A STANDARD 2 1/2 INCH AND JUMBO (EXTRA LARGE ). I USE CAKE BOX MIX.

GRACIE

4 replies
debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 5:21am
post #2 of 5

Gracie, standard teaching is that for cupcakes you fill the cups approx. 2/3 full, and for muffins it is approx. 3/4 full.

Cali4dawn, a resident expert on CC uses a measuring cup to fill her cups to make sure that each is filled evenly. I tried that with my last batch and they came out ALMOST perfect.

Debbi

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 28 Jun 2005 , 5:22am
post #3 of 5

I find that chocolate cupcakes mound more than others and make sure your oven is hot enough before cooking the cupcakes. It is the initial heat that gives the cake a quick rise and then don't look at them unitl just before they are done cooking, 15-20 minutes at 350. I also make sure that I fill the cupcakes at least 2/3 full, no less and no more, practice and you will find out your amount, mine is 1/2 for my cupcakes.

Good luck

gracie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gracie Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 5

thanks girls for the helpicon_smile.gif

love gracie

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 1 Jul 2005 , 10:07pm
post #5 of 5

I read that you can use an icecream scoop to make uniform cupcakes! I tried it and it works great! Less mess too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%