Cookie Recipe Help!

Baking By dimplesinsc Updated 7 Sep 2006 , 7:06pm by dimplesinsc

dimplesinsc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dimplesinsc Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 4

This is my first post so please be gentle with me icon_razz.gif ! I make cookei boquets( cookies on sticks) but the only recipe I have been able to use successfully is a sugar cookie. I would love to find a choc chip that holds the shape of either the cookie treat pan or the cookie cutters I use. Any suggestions? Well heck I will take any recipe other than sugar cookie These boquets are popular around my area as I am the only one locally who does them so I am wanting to expand things!

Thanks so much !

Andrea

3 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 4

I haven't tried choc. chip dough, but what about gingerbread, or a good plain chocolate cookie recipe? I would think any really "stiff" dough could work.

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 4

There is one i got from this site, in this (cookie) forum. I'll look for it and post the link to the thread/post.
Also, i have Toba Garrett's cookie book, there's a few recipes there as well. In her class we tried doing the orange or lemon cookie, so simple and so good. it seemed like the sugar cookie recipe and just add lemon or orange zest and some extract.
PM me w/your email if you'd like those recipes.

ok here is the post and the recipe. please view post for other recipes too.
HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28035&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

from Kos
Chocolate Chip cut-out cookies (350 F).
1 cup (2 sticks)butter or margarine
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg yolk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels

BEAT butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in morsels. Shape dough into 2 round discs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
ROLL each disc to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut into shapes; place on ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread with frosting; sprinkle with coarse sugar.

Kat

dimplesinsc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dimplesinsc Posted 7 Sep 2006 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks ya'll I appreciate the info. I am going to experiment and see what works best for me! My boys will gladly sample anything I offer icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%