How Many Do U Have????

Decorating By daltonam Updated 28 Aug 2006 , 8:50pm by Bettycrockermommy

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 69

How many cakes mixes do you have in your cabinet or pantry?

UNBELIEVIBLE -- DH comes in & starts looking for something to eat & says "we don't have anything to snack on --- BUT WE GOT CAKE!!!!"

so i wondered just how many?

icon_surprised.gif11 icon_surprised.gif no wonder he was complaining-haha

68 replies
kay52178 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kay52178 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 69

Currently at the moment - 0 ! There haven't been any sales!

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 69

Only 2!!! A spice cake (not the most popular) and a yellow butter recipe cake - I hate those ones, I must have picked it up on mistake!!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:46pm
post #4 of 69

Ah ha got you beat!! icon_lol.gif 16 + 13 boxes of pudding mix!! icon_lol.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:46pm
post #5 of 69

None, nor will there ever be, scratch baker only here - now, if you're talikng about ingredients for that, then I have a whole cupboard dedicated to cake ingredients!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:52pm
post #6 of 69

I have 6 and lots of pudding mix too icon_smile.gif

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 69

8 because I have cakes to do Sunday.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 69

I only have 3 right now and bought one last night for my cake class Monday. Two months ago I had about 20. I love using cake mixes for fast cookies!! They are delicious. And a good way to use up mixes when I (gulp! sorry!) don't want cake. icon_sad.gif

makincakeintx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makincakeintx Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:21pm
post #9 of 69

OMG...3 and am going to get some today. Cakes due Monday and Tuesday. That's entirley too low on stock for me... I usually have about 5. For what I use thats a good mix of different flavors.

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:22pm
post #10 of 69

That's so funny!!! my hubby said the same thing yesterday evening when he came home from work!! He was looking for a quick fix and he said: We just have cake in here, and it's not even cooked, so I can't eat some....

I have 20 chocolate mixes and 6 white cake mixes in my pantry, and around 72 chocolate mixes in my storage room. icon_surprised.gif Can you tell there was one big sale!!!

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:25pm
post #11 of 69

I just moved into a new house which doesn't have nearly the cabinet space of my old home. I usually buy 20 at a time but currently my stock is down to 4 in the cupboard and a tub of premixed batter in the freezer. I'll be at Walmart tonight to replenish my stash!

goal4me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goal4me Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:27pm
post #12 of 69

onlt 1 poppyseed muffin mix! Hubby is on a mountain biking week away and no x-tra snakcs around....except brownies!!!

koppeskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koppeskreations Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:27pm
post #13 of 69

At my busiest one time I bought 80 bags of powder sugar and had over 75 cake mixes. That was in may and gone by middle of june.

Did I help Americas obesity problemicon_smile.gif

mdelmauro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdelmauro Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:27pm
post #14 of 69

Have a storage cabinet dedicated to cake decorating supplies - 10 chocolate and 6 yellow and 4 white cake mixes on hand plus 25 instant puddings and the 10X & such. Just ran across a 10 for $10 at ACME (which is really cheap for them usually $2.29+ each) so had to stock up a little. Our WalMart and Target are $.98 each though if I remember about them whem I'm there.

MrsSoko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsSoko Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:27pm
post #15 of 69

And here I thought I was the only one that had cake mix taking up my whole pantry! Right now I have 10 boxes of chocolate (and that's minus the two I used last night, so it was 12!), 4 boxes of French Vanilla, 4 boxes of Strawberry, and 3 boxes of yellow (minus the 2 I used last night aswell, so it was 5!).

So...

Yesterday I had ... 25
Today I have... 21

Wow that's alot. And I'm not evening going to count the boxes of pudding... icon_razz.gif

MrsSoko Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 2:29pm
post #16 of 69

I must be in a really good area, because the Super Wal-Mart I usually shop at has cake mix for $.88!!

daltonam Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:03pm
post #17 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootchi

I have 20 chocolate mixes and 6 white cake mixes in my pantry, and around 72 chocolate mixes in my storage room. icon_surprised.gif Can you tell there was one big sale!!!

OM GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING---POOTCHI--WHERE DO U STORE ALL THIS STUFF

DODI--SHE HAS US BEAT---I NEED PUDDING RIGHT NOW--HELP

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:12pm
post #18 of 69

I only have one left, I have to go stock up!!! I usually get mine from Wal Mart; they are .93 a box there!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:18pm
post #19 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakeQueen

I just moved into a new house which doesn't have nearly the cabinet space of my old home. I usually buy 20 at a time but currently my stock is down to 4 in the cupboard and a tub of premixed batter in the freezer. I'll be at Walmart tonight to replenish my stash!

you mean you mix the cake mix up and then freeze it and it still works out when you thaw and bake??? doesn't have any trouble raising or anything???

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:20pm
post #20 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSoko

I must be in a really good area, because the Super Wal-Mart I usually shop at has cake mix for $.88!!

WOW!!!! That is cheap!!!

Ksue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ksue Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:32pm
post #21 of 69

Gosh. I can always drive less than 2 miles to the grocery store and get cake mix for $.89.

I keep waiting for a sale on powdered sugar, though. Haven't seen one in over a year.

daltonam Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:35pm
post #22 of 69

super-walmart is where i get my cake mixes also-- can't bet that $.88--gotta love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksue

Gosh. I can always drive less than 2 miles to the grocery store and get cake mix for $.89.

I keep waiting for a sale on powdered sugar, though. Haven't seen one in over a year.

Sam's Club is the cheapest i've found

Digit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Digit Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:47pm
post #23 of 69

I currently have 14 boxes. My question is "What brand does everyone buy?" I use Betty Crocker. Always moist and good flavor. Not the cheapest though. I try to stock up when it's on sale. The Walmart .88 cake, is it store brand?

Momofjakeandjosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momofjakeandjosh Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:56pm
post #24 of 69

I always have 5 boxes of white, 5 boxes of chocolate, 2 boxes of yellow. Right now, I have that plus a box of fudge margle and a funfetti. I also make sure to always have 10 lbs. of powdered sugar (5 bags) and 6-9 sticks of crisco for my icing!

jklcooper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jklcooper Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:57pm
post #25 of 69

Cake mixes at my local Walmart generally run between $.83 and $.88 for Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker. Store brand is even cheaper but I don't usually buy that kind.

pilesoflaundry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pilesoflaundry Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 3:58pm
post #26 of 69

I need to go grocery shopping. I have 2 boxes of chocolate pudding mix and 2 cake mixes that's it. 1 chocolate and 1 spice cake (dh loves spice cake). I think there is a box of brownie mix in there too.

MrsSoko Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:02pm
post #27 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit

I currently have 14 boxes. My question is "What brand does everyone buy?" I use Betty Crocker. Always moist and good flavor. Not the cheapest though. I try to stock up when it's on sale. The Walmart .88 cake, is it store brand?

Nope... the $.88 brand is Betty Crocker! The store brand is even cheaper, but I don't like it as much. I only use Betty Crocker!

daltonam Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:06pm
post #28 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digit

My question is "What brand does everyone buy?" I use Betty Crocker. The Walmart .88 cake, is it store brand?

nope not store brand for me either

i use duncan hines & i just bought 2 betty crockers

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:19pm
post #29 of 69

I have 16 cake mixes (4 each of white, yellow, lemon and chocolate fudge) and 14 puddings. I need to get a few extra chocolate though......I have a special cabinet for my cake stuff too. I love being able to open it up and see exactly what I have on hand.

Cindy

MeloMiMi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MeloMiMi Posted 25 Aug 2006 , 4:26pm
post #30 of 69

I have 6 boxes of cake mix, 7 bags of C.S. and bags of candy melts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%