7-7-07 Week!!!!!!!

Decorating By MillyCakes Updated 19 Jul 2007 , 10:03pm by mthiberge

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:41pm
post #31 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanhThanh

I have 8 wedding cakes for this Saturday (5 three-tiered and 3 two-tiered) . Good luck to me .hihihi

Wow! Wow! Wow! Amazing!

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:51pm
post #32 of 58

I have one wedding cake and two cakes for a local cake decorating contest. One sheet and I will be doing my first sculpted cake! Plus my parents 55th wedding anniversary two tier cake. Not as many as some, but enough to keep me busy!

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 11:55pm
post #33 of 58

I'm getting so busy I'm starting to double-book wedding cakes, but ironically NOBODY called me to book the 7th. I'm actually feeling kinda left out! Does anybody need any help?? birthday.gif

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:00am
post #34 of 58

DelightsByE -- I am feeling the same way!!!!! I am actually swamped for the weekends of the 14th and 21st (I too can't say no sometimes and didn't realize that I had taken on so much!!), but I have absolutely nothing for this weekend!! There were no wedding calls, no birthdays -- nothing!!

Yayaism Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yayaism Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:09am
post #35 of 58

I get to do my very first wedding cake for an 07/07/07 bride...ME! At least if it's a disaster, I won't have an angry bride after me lol!

marksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marksmom Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:13am
post #36 of 58

icon_lol.gif July 7th is my 23 wedding anniversary. The only cake I have to make is my husband's birthday cake on the 6th. I usually only make birthday cake for family cuz they know I have tons of wilton pans. I mostly get requests from my neices and nephews. no money in it but it's soooooo fun to see their little faces when I show up at their party with the cake they asked for!
Gina usaribbon.gif

thecookiemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookiemoms Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:29am
post #37 of 58

My BIN has 3 bakeries here in the Bay Area (CA) he has been complaining for months about 7-7-07. Didn't dawn on me till the other day why. He said he has 36 wedding cakes due on Saturday & that is 1 store & people still calling & trying to order. I didn't realize how big of a deal it was.

Good luck to all of you baking this week.

cb_one Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cb_one Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:38am
post #38 of 58

I have one for Saturday, but that's about all I can handle by myself..I do have one on the 14th as well.

Good luck to all of you!

Patzzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Patzzz Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:50am
post #39 of 58

OMG!!! I can't believe having soooo many wedding cakes in one day. I have a Baby Shower cake on Saturday and I'm stressing on what design to use.

You guys are the bomb!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:55am
post #40 of 58

Congratulations Yayaism on your wedding!! Your other cakes look awesome and I am sure your wedding cake will be awesome too.

sunflowerfreak

debrab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debrab Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 1:06am
post #41 of 58

I thought that I was going to be busy on Saturday with 2 Birthday cakes and a 25th Anniversary cake (all to be delivered before noon).

I would like to be busy enough to have 5 Wedding cakes in one week, but then I would loose my mind!!! icon_razz.gif

LittleLinda Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:20am
post #42 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayaism

I get to do my very first wedding cake for an 07/07/07 bride...ME! At least if it's a disaster, I won't have an angry bride after me lol!

You're getting married this week? And You're making your own wedding cake? Wow!

Congratulations to you. Where's the honeymoon?

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:48am
post #43 of 58

jlewis888---thanks for the vote of confidence.Your cakes look very good. Hopefully it will pick up after this weekend. I dont know how you all with 2,3,4,5+ cakes are going to do it.The best of luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im looking forward to seeing all the pictures next week.Im excited.

pottedmeatchunks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pottedmeatchunks Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 3:53am
post #44 of 58

I'm making my 1st ever wedding and grooms cake and decorating another wedding cake, both for 7-7-7. Both cakes are for brides on a budget (I work with a non-profit that charges cost of ingredients only). Yes I'm completely in over my head. I have no freezer to myself its all cake! (my poor roommate....lol)

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 12:26pm
post #45 of 58

HEY JACKIE AND HEATH!!!!!!

Could we possibly have a new wedding cake category in the galleries for 7-7-07 cakes? icon_biggrin.gif

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 2:06pm
post #46 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayaism

Congratulations or is it Best Wishes...can't remember the exact protocol.
I know your wedding cake will be beautiful.

BTW--where is Howe???

Yayaism Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yayaism Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 5:10pm
post #47 of 58

Thank you all for the well wishes!! We're having a smallish wedding (less than 50 people) and they will all be family and close friends, so if my 1st wedding cake is less than perfect, they'll still love me icon_lol.gif !!!

We won't be going away for our honeymoon. Mostly we'll be at home enjoying some time off!! The last few weeks have been a bit hectic.

BTW home is Howe, TX...about 50 miles North of Dallas and 20 miles South of the TX/OK state line. If you've heard of Sherman, TX...we're 5 miles South of it. It's a VERY small town, if you blink as you drive past, you'll miss it!!

MillyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MillyCakes Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 5:44pm
post #48 of 58

Yayaism - good luck with your cake and the weekend!!! Remember - ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 5:49pm
post #49 of 58

No cakes for me until the 21 of this month!

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 5:57pm
post #50 of 58

indydebi, I know you've mentioned before that you stay to cut the cakes, but how do you manage when you have multiple cakes in a day?

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 6:16pm
post #51 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac

Congratulations or is it Best Wishes...can't remember the exact protocol.

I believe someone wiser than me once told me its Congratulations to the groom and Best Wishes to the bride. If I am correct then my trick to remembering it would be, congrats go to the groom because they found a woman who wants to be with you. Best wishes to the bride because you will forever wonder why you married this man. icon_razz.gif

Totally joking! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I make up little things to help me remember things.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 7:47pm
post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by momg9

indydebi, I know you've mentioned before that you stay to cut the cakes, but how do you manage when you have multiple cakes in a day?

I have a crew I can dispatch to multiple sites. I pay someone $60 to work a wedding reception, which is pennies compared to the invoice total. A cake-only reception can be handled by just one person from my staff.

In this case, one wedding is at 2:30 and will be done by 4:00 (bridal party is leaving precisely at 4:00!). The other one with a cake isnt' until 5:30 and it's only 10 minutes down the road from the 1st one, so this weekend it works out ok!

I schedule multiples on the same day depending on what they want and the logistics. The 3rd wedding I have is food only, so no cake-cutting concerns witht that one ... I just send my crew with a supv to that one, and me and my other crews handle the other two. If I have a wedding for 300 that has the big package, then I only schedule one. If I have one or two smaller ones, then it's possible I can do a 3rd. It all depends.

LittleLinda Posted 4 Jul 2007 , 11:42pm
post #53 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmandds

Congratulations to the groom and Best Wishes to the bride. If I am correct then my trick to remembering it would be, congrats go to the groom because they found a woman who wants to be with you. Best wishes to the bride because you will forever wonder why you married this man. icon_razz.gif

Totally joking! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I make up little things to help me remember things.

I also make up things to help me remember. I would remember that by noting that GR is in GRoom and in ConGRatulaions. And Best Wishes and Bride both begin with B.

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 5 Jul 2007 , 12:54am
post #54 of 58

Im taking a break from the baking and thaught Id ask a question. Is there going to be a 7-7-07 place to put the cake pics or are they going into the Other category. Got to go the buzzers going off!!!!

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 12 Jul 2007 , 3:54pm
post #55 of 58

I had 7 cakes to do last week! It was so much fun! And well 7 the week before. Its not that hard on your own if you are organized and do things in shifts!

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 6:59am
post #56 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by cake-angel

I don't think she has sleep on her agenda for Thursday or Friday. I might be going in to help her as since she opened her Cakery she hasn't been taking time for things like sleep LOL!! She has quickly discovered that there is demand for custom cakes in our city and she is the only supplier. The grocery stores are actually sending people to her because they would rather not be bothered with tiered cakes.

Did you forget about us Cindy?? thumbsdown.gificon_evil.gif Sorry ladies Cindy must be a little scatter brained...There is a fantastic bakery in town called the cakery cafe (I highly recommend their cupcakes, really, really yummy thumbs_up.gif ) Cindy's friend owns it and keeps very busy. But Sugarbean is also a custom cake artist in Grande Prairie and there is also myself (mthiberge...Once upon a cake) and I contract to Lindsay when she's overloaded as I'm in the middle of blueprints for a new garage and cake kitchen of my own. (I'm also a chef at a fancy shmancy restaurant in our fair town so that keeps me busy enough for now, and I'm happy to dabble on the side until I'm better set up to do what I love to do most...CAKE!! LOL) As for the commercial bakery that sends customers to her, she's absolutely correct, the head baker sends customers to the cakery and to sugarbean alternately. He's a very nice man (I worked for him during my chef apprenticeship) and he also asked me to bring him some business cards when I'm all set up so he can send some brides my way as well. Well I just needed to get that out there. When I came across this thread it really melted my buttercream icon_mad.gif There's an awfull lot of talent in our city no matter how you cut the cake icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 5:07am
post #57 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthiberge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake-angel

I don't think she has sleep on her agenda for Thursday or Friday. I might be going in to help her as since she opened her Cakery she hasn't been taking time for things like sleep LOL!! She has quickly discovered that there is demand for custom cakes in our city and she is the only supplier. The grocery stores are actually sending people to her because they would rather not be bothered with tiered cakes.

Did you forget about us Cindy?? thumbsdown.gificon_evil.gif Sorry ladies Cindy must be a little scatter brained...There is a fantastic bakery in town called the cakery cafe (I highly recommend their cupcakes, really, really yummy thumbs_up.gif ) Cindy's friend owns it and keeps very busy. But Sugarbean is also a custom cake artist in Grande Prairie and there is also myself (mthiberge...Once upon a cake) and I contract to Lindsay when she's overloaded as I'm in the middle of blueprints for a new garage and cake kitchen of my own. (I'm also a chef at a fancy shmancy restaurant in our fair town so that keeps me busy enough for now, and I'm happy to dabble on the side until I'm better set up to do what I love to do most...CAKE!! LOL) As for the commercial bakery that sends customers to her, she's absolutely correct, the head baker sends customers to the cakery and to sugarbean alternately. He's a very nice man (I worked for him during my chef apprenticeship) and he also asked me to bring him some business cards when I'm all set up so he can send some brides my way as well. Well I just needed to get that out there. When I came across this thread it really melted my buttercream icon_mad.gif There's an awfull lot of talent in our city no matter how you cut the cake icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Sorry -- I didn't mean that the way I typed it. Having read my subbmission again, I can see why you were upset. Definately the wrong wording there. You and Sugarbean do very nice work as well. I didn't end up needing to help out after all. I hope that all your cake adventures are going well.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 10:03pm
post #58 of 58

Thanks Cindy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%