Movie Birthday Cake

Decorating By mrsright41401 Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 11:33am by Sarona

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 11:26am
post #1 of 6

My husband's birthday is in two weeks and I really want to make him a nice birthday cake. We're going to go to a Movie Theatre that serves dinner DURING THE MOVIE for his birthday. I want to make the cake movie related.

So, I am needing help coming up with ideas of symbols or things that would remind you of the movies. So far I have:

A reel of film
A film projector
A movie screen

Any other ideas?

Rachel

5 replies
vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 11:36am
post #2 of 6

Anything to do with popcorn!

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 6

I found these two pictures.Hope they help for ideas.
LL
LL

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:35pm
post #4 of 6

how about a video? or maybe a DVD I Guess since we're suppoed to be with it here lol (so they tell me LOL)
Video I like better though- make it with the movie cover- and do an FBCT or paint on a picture of hubby - a photo of him of some sort- or even just a likeness- find a classic movie and change it to suit your hubby's life- Gone with the Wind, or something you know what I mean? you can find movie covers online of every movie possible (for sale sites)- then just modify the movie Title to suit his interests or his age or whatever, and on the bottom 'rated PG 40 or however old he is) or figure out how old he is in minutes and put that down for length of the movie- will be a movie (cover) of his life. if it's big enough you could write down a couple of the actors (you and him and kids or whoever)

or do all that but make it a movie poster with 'NOW PLAYING' on top

puzzlegut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
puzzlegut Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 6

If you do a search on "popcorn" in the photo albums, you'll see some really neat cakes. You could bake a cake in a bowl, flower pot, or round pans (though technically, you if you want to do an "old fashion" popcorn container cake, you should do more of a boxed shape {I should know, my partner and I are in the movie theater business}). Just frost it and either use strips of candy (Airheads or Fruit by the Foot) to make the strips of the container and for the top of the cake, you could use real popcorn, carmel corn, or mini-marshmellows that have been colored with a little bit of yellow food coloring.

I'm planning on doing a popcorn cake next month for a couple who got married at our theater and are celebrating their 5 year anniversary.

Sarona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarona Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 11:33am
post #6 of 6

You can order for movie theme related cakes like P.S. I Love You or else. I am sure he would love you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%