High School Reunion And I Need An Idea

Decorating By kandio63 Updated 31 Jul 2007 , 6:20pm by KASCARLETT

kandio63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kandio63 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 11:19pm
post #1 of 17

I am going to do a cake for my 25 year high school reunion and I need an impressive idea. I want it to be outstanding.

In high school I was a no body that wasn't going anywhere and not popular at all. So I want to do something that shows off my talent and let them see that.

Can anyone help? Thank you. I have almost the whole month to come up with something.

Kandi

16 replies
kandio63 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 11:42pm
post #2 of 17

by the way our mascot is a Coyote and it is for 1982.

shoup_family Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shoup_family Posted 1 Jul 2007 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 17

I looked at your photos and let me tell you-- don't worry about impressing them. You are very talented, that is obvious.

kandio63 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 12:02am
post #4 of 17

Thank you for the compliment. One of my managers said the same thing today but I felt he was being prejidous.(?). I was thinking of something tiered, red and white with a little black. (our school colors) I don't want roses so I was thinking on trying the coyote with the sugar run and placing them around the cakes. Of course each one in a different pose. (football, dancing, band, etc...) I have never tried the sugar run but it looks easy. But looks can be deceving. Sorry can't spell small words. LOL

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 12:38am
post #5 of 17

Last year I did a cake for my 10 HS reunion (West Mesa there in Albuquerque!), and I did a scrapbook style sheet cake, using pictures submitted by my former classmates as well as some scanned from the yearbook, and an image of the Mustang mascot. Since the school colors are red, white, and blue, I kept it a white BC icing with red and blue writing and piping. I unfortunately do not have a pic of that one, but here is the first one I made like that for my Grandmother's birthday. Sorry, it's not the best, I was rushed, made it in a hotel room, and was unprepared for the effects of the Dallas humidity on th BC. lol icon_redface.gif

Both cakes were a hit with people walking around them to see all the pictures.
LL
LL

kandio63 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 12:43am
post #6 of 17

That is neat. That is a great Idea. You wouldn't mind me doing something like that for mine? Your idea is great.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 12:48am
post #7 of 17

I like the photo idea but I would do it in a tiered cake and have the mascot the top center piece.

kandio63 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:22am
post #8 of 17

I will stick to the tiered idea and Thanks for the idea. I was just drawing out a dancing coyote for just that. Now if I can sculpt it. LOL

lanibird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lanibird Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:42am
post #9 of 17

Wouldn't have shared if I didn't hope to inspire! thumbs_up.gif

I like the tiered idea as well, and was planning on trying that the next time I got a chance to do something like this.

On an aside, did you go to HS in NM too? If you don't mind me asking, where?

jamhays Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamhays Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 1:53am
post #10 of 17

What about putting the photos on the sides of the tiered cakes? Then put the mascot as a topper. just a thought

roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 2:09am
post #11 of 17

I have done two of my High School Reunion cakes... one was stacked with little white graduation caps around (they are hard to see in the pic) and black lettering in color flow.
The second one was a sheet cake with the school's logo in school colors as a shield in color flow... turned out nice. Both cakes in my photos.

kandio63 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 2:17am
post #12 of 17

Great thought jamhays. It won't let me post my sketch.

Yes Lanibird I went to school here in Roswell, NM. LOL The Alien town.

kandio63 Posted 2 Jul 2007 , 2:23am
post #13 of 17

very pretty cakes Roosterroses. I like the stacked one best. They are both great.

roosterroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
roosterroses Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 1:20am
post #14 of 17

Thank you! icon_smile.gif

kandio63 Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 1:38am
post #15 of 17

Well I have figured out that I can't get the photos copied on an edible. My work won't let me do it there. So I am trying to figure out something else. Thanks for your input everyone.

kandio63 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 4:16am
post #16 of 17

I had fun at my class reunion and my cake was a big hit. Everyone loved it.
LL

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 6:20pm
post #17 of 17

That's very pretty! I bet everyone was very impressed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%