Making White Icing Chocolate

Decorating By huntaustmom Updated 20 Aug 2006 , 4:29am by TexasSugar

huntaustmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
huntaustmom Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 12:49am
post #1 of 7

What do I use to make white icing chocolate without losing its consistency? icon_eek.gif [/b]

6 replies
SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 12:52am
post #2 of 7

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you right. Are you looking for a chocolate buttercream recipe?

huntaustmom Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 1:02am
post #3 of 7

No, I have a white icing recipe that is a family recipe. I have only used it as white icing and adding coloring. I do remember my aunt whose recipe it is, who has passed away, she used it as chocolate also, so I cant ask how she did it. I was wondering could I use cocoa powder. Thanks

SweetConfectionsChef Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 1:21am
post #4 of 7

I would use cocoa powder and more butter or butter flavoring at the end. Definately add the butter as it will make the cocoa powder taste like chocolate instead of cocoa powder. Hope this helps!

huntaustmom Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 1:33am
post #5 of 7

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to make my husband a LSU cake by next weekend.

SweetConfectionsChef Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 1:39am
post #6 of 7

I'm sure your cake will look & taste fabulous!! Good Luck!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 4:29am
post #7 of 7

You can also add melted chocolate to most buttercream recipes to make them chocolate.

Sometimes melted chocolate or cocoa powder will make the icing a little thicker or drier. Just add a bit more of your liquid if that happens. Usually a table spoon or two.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%