Airbrush Food Coloring...dilute?

Decorating By neurnr Updated 24 Oct 2012 , 2:13pm by radynel

neurnr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neurnr Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 8:50am
post #1 of 3

Hi to all the airbrush aritists out there - I just bought a new Iwata airbrush and a set of airbrush colors which all say "consentrated" The owner of the shop where I bought them said I don't need to dilute, but doesn't consentrated usually mean you need to?? I'm very confused. Few other questions as well - I was told you could use luster dust in the airbrush do you add before putting in the cup? add to liquid already in? use vodka? how do you clean it? Sorry I have so many questions, but it was a very expensive gun and I'd kick myself if I screwed it up without at least checking for the right answers before I start to play icon_smile.gif

2 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 3

ab colors are ready to use, no need to dilute. i dont spray dusts, if you do mix it into the alcohol first and only add a few drops at a time to the ab. and be prepared to take it apart to clean after spraying that stuff.

radynel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
radynel Posted 24 Oct 2012 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 3

I just to use wilton regular food color and diluite it with alcohol to airbrush my cakes. I now buy Americolor airbrush do I need to diluite it or I can use it like it is? Thanks.

Also I have trouble getting the purple when I am airbrushing or mixing it on the frosting, if there something I can do? I dont offer to my clients purple color. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%