I have looked high and low on this site and on Cali4dawns webshots. Can't find recipe. I believe I have missed placed it. I thought someone had already given it to me, but can't find it.. HELP! Making this for Fathers day.. Hubby loves chocolate. Thanks in advance!
Here's a few I found:
Chocolate Explosion Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
13/4 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 cup lukewarm strong coffee
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup oil
1 package (397 g) Kraft caramels
4 tablespoons milk
1/3 cup chopped roasted pecans
In large mixer bowl combine all ingredients (except topping). Beat until
blended. Pour into greased and floured 9-inch springform pan.
Bake at 350 F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out
clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
Microwave caramels with milk until melted; stir until smooth. With small
wooden spoon handle, poke holes into cake.
Pour in filling and garnish with chopped roasted pecans.
Triple Chocolate Explosion Cake
FOR THE CAKE
Solid vegetable shortening (for the pan)
24 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut up
3/4 cup (1½ sticks) margarine
6 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons matzo cake meal
1. Set the oven at 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch springform pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, and grease the paper.
2. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate until smooth. Stir in the margarine. Lift the pan off the water and wipe the bottom.
3. In an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. In a clean bowl with clean beaters at high speed, beat the yolks until thick and pale yellow. Turn down the speed and gradually add the sugar, beating constantly. Turn the speed to high and beat 1 minute. Add the cake meal and beat just to blend. Stir in the chocolate mixture.
4. Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg whites until no white patches show. Spoon into the pan.
5. Immediately reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake the cake for 35 minutes. Cool completely. Loosen the cake from the sides of the pan. Slide it onto a platter. Refrigerate until cold.
FOR THE GANACHE
3/4 cup nondairy whipping cream
6 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut up
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the cream until it comes to a simmer. Add the chocolate and turn off the heat. Let it stand for 1 minute so the chocolate begins to melt. Add the vanilla; stir until smooth.
2. Let the ganache stand for 10 minutes to thicken. With a long metal palette knife, smooth the ganache over the cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour or freeze for 20 minutes.
FOR THE GLAZE
½ cup (1 stick) margarine
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
Edible glitter (for sprinkling)
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the margarine and chips. Stir until they melt.
2. Slide strips of waxed paper under the bottom of the cake. Pour the glaze over the cake, tilting it so glaze runs down the sides. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
3. Remove the waxed paper strips, sprinkle the cake with glitter, and cut into wedges for serving.
Chocolate Explosion Cake 1
10 oz chocolate chips
1 c butter or margarine
5 Tbs flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 c sugar
Preheat oven to 325. Butter and flour springform pan
Beat eggs until soft peaks form
Add sugar 1 Tbs at a time
Add combined flour and baking powder
Heat chocolate chips and butter in saucepan. Cool 5 min
Fold chocolate mix into egg mix
Spread in prepared pan
Cover and bake 15min
Remove cover and continue baking 45min, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean
Cool 1 hour
NOTE: this is a very rich cake. Top with sifted powdered sugar. The cake will collapse in the center.
WOW! ok I feel stupid now. You found them all looks like.. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
making a list now and going to walmart tonight..
Here is the link with Dawn's Chocolate Explosion Recipe. I hope it not too late.
Cecilia Thank you so much!!