60Th Anniversary Help

Decorating By vivedcreations Updated 29 Jun 2007 , 3:11pm by singsing

vivedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vivedcreations Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 3:04pm
post #1 of 5

I have a request for a 60th anniversary cake for this Sunday. The cake will be a 10" round double layer and the customer wants to incorporate yellow roses and golf somehow. How can I tie them both together? Any suggestions??

TIA!

4 replies
blessBeckysbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blessBeckysbaking Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 5

maybe you can do the golf on top and make the roses be your base boarder

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 5

blessBeckysbaking's idea is a good one to use the flowers on the base. Maybe the top could be two golf clubs crossing each other (e.g. make an 'X' with the clubs) in the middle of the cake and add your lettering circling the clubs.

crispie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crispie Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 5

GOTTA ADMIT THAT THE IDEA OF THE GOLF CLUBS ON TOP AND THE ROSES AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE LOWER CAKE IS GREAT.

YOU COULD ALSO DO ROSES ON THE TOP TIED WITH A TARTAN RIBON ( SORT OF GOLFish) AND YOU COULD DO SOME ROUND GOLF BALLS AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE CAKE (ON THE CAKE BOARD) icon_smile.gif WITH SUGAR PASTE OR FONDANT SORT OF LOOKING CLASSICAL BUT MADE WITH MODERN SHAPES IE GOLF BALLS
YOU COULD PUT SMALLER VERSIONS OF THESE AROUND THE TIERS OF THE TWO CAKES icon_smile.gif

singsing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
singsing Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 5

I was thinking a golf green with a hole and flag at one end and the fairway boarderd by yellow flowers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%