Cake Carousel Classes

Decorating By notjustcake Updated 28 Jun 2007 , 4:56am by Jesjacster2

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 16

Hi for all you Dallas decorators, have you taken the whimsical class at the Cake Carousel or have you taken any at all. I am thinking of taking their August 17th class, if you have please tell me your experience or if you have taken any of their classes before. Also how is their store? Does it have a pretty good variety. I cannot believe I have been to Dallas so many time and lived there 12 years and never been there.

15 replies
2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 10:33pm
post #2 of 16

I have never been there, or taken there classes but I hear a lot of good things about it. I was thinking about taking the gumpaste flower class with Nicholas Lodge. Sorry, can't help out more.

notjustcake Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 10:46pm
post #3 of 16

thanks

notjustcake Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 1:16am
post #4 of 16

Is there any Dallas CC members out there?

2yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2yummy Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 1:38am
post #5 of 16

I live in Denton, just north of Dallas.

cwcopeland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cwcopeland Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 2:01am
post #6 of 16

I have taken the Basic and Intermediate cake decorating classes at the Cake Carousel. Michelle has been my instructor both times and she is really good (and nice). I've also taken the cookie demonstration with Penny.

I don't want to say the staff who works in the store is grumpy but they really don't act like they want to be there. That's the best I can describe it. Penny even said something when she was doing the class. It was funny because the rest of the class laughed in agreement.

They have a great variety of everything and compared to Hobby Lobby, their prices are very competitive. I would recommend the classes and the store. Just don't expect to have a cheerful crowd welcome you there when you go. icon_biggrin.gif

notjustcake Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 11:36am
post #7 of 16

Oh cool thanks! Well I think it woul dbe interesting to see if they carry some cool stuf my local store store doesn't carry, thanks for the info I wished I lived there to take all their classes!

cwcopeland Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 16

They carry EVERYTHING you need to decorate any cake. If you don't see it, just ask. I live about 55 miles from the Cake Carousel, but it's not a big deal. I like going to the Dallas area to shop. It's a way of life for us that live in the Texoma area. There's another resturaunt supply place in Garland that carries a lot of cake decorating supplies. I'll have to ask my sister about it and find out where it is again. I'll let you know if you're interested.

notjustcake Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 10:57pm
post #9 of 16

Hey I just went to Garland last week my Aunt lives there off Centerville! Thanks I didn't know about the store! I love Dallas too but the cost of living there is way too expensive! but it is close enough to visit relatives often and shop too. I want to go to the IKEA store! I live in OKC

SimplyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplyM Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:29am
post #10 of 16

Hey Texans,

Has anyone taken classes at Cakes Amore? I believe it is off 75 in Plano or Richardson. Just curious. They offer a series of classes as well.

I am taking a buttercream flowers class this Sat at Elizabeth's Cake Supplies in Euless.

I live in Lewisville, Denton's neighbor.

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:49am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcopeland

They carry EVERYTHING you need to decorate any cake. If you don't see it, just ask. I live about 55 miles from the Cake Carousel, but it's not a big deal. I like going to the Dallas area to shop. It's a way of life for us that live in the Texoma area. There's another resturaunt supply place in Garland that carries a lot of cake decorating supplies. I'll have to ask my sister about it and find out where it is again. I'll let you know if you're interested.

Hi, I'm in Mesquite, in Dallas County. I love the Cake Carousel, they do have a great variety of things...actually I don't think there is anything I would want that I couldn't find there. They've even got a room of just cake pans you can rent...I mean pans I've never seen before!!! Lots of Wilton pans that are hard to find, a real bakers dream! I think the supply place in Garland you are talking about is Celebrate Cakes, I haven't been there yet. http://www.celebratecakes.com/index.html

I've got to get over to Cakes Amore too, never been but heard that's another good one.

evaruggiero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evaruggiero Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 1:51am
post #12 of 16

Hi, I have also taken Intermediate and gumpaste flowers with Michelle and she is amzing. She is very helpfull and she really knows what she is doing, she will take the time to check on everyone in the class and answer all your questions. Their new fall schedule just came out and they have alot of wonderfull classes I would love to take. I have to advise you not to buy all your supplies prior to taking the classes, it is a good idea to check with your instructor after your first class to find out what you will need next. Also you can walk into the store and get any extra stuff while you are taking the class. Sorry to make it so long, if you have any questions you can pm me.

I live in Carrollton, TX

cwcopeland Posted 27 Jun 2007 , 2:01am
post #13 of 16

Wow. I just looked up Cakes Amore and Celebrate Cakes on their websites. I can't wait to check them out.

Thanks for the info!

notjustcake Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 4:31am
post #14 of 16

[quote="Simply

I am taking a buttercream flowers class this Sat at Elizabeth's Cake Supplies in Euless.
[/quote]
Hey I used to live in Bedford,!

notjustcake Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 4:32am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaruggiero

I live in Carrollton, TX

Hi I used to live in Carrollton and Addison too! Man I live in every city in DFW!

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 4:56am
post #16 of 16

I live in Garland and I took a class from the cake carousel about 9 years ago, tried to take a few more but there wasn't enough commited students in the classes I was interested in doing so they just dropped them. Never heard of cakes amore gonna have to go check them out, thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%