100Th Birthday Cake

Decorating By getfrosted Updated 11 Aug 2006 , 6:15pm by erinkalins

getfrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
getfrosted Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:06am
post #1 of 5

Wow ... birthday for a woman turning 100!!! I have been asked to do a cake with absolutely no guidance except that it should feed about 50-75 people.

Anyone with any ideas .... my brain is frozen for this one!

Thanks!

4 replies
yukisaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yukisaru Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:14am
post #2 of 5

I would use silver in it, but that is just me. You might make a normal stacked cake with little silver 100's (maybe 100 100s) all over it and silver trim and than a 100 center piece at the top. Or look at the cake in 18 again, I don't remember it well but it looked nice I think. icon_confused.gif Or if they like flowers you could do a nice flower garden.

BF says that you need to have 100 candles .icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif Well if you go with that make sure you invite the fire chief.

getfrosted Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 1:58pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks for the ideas yukisaru!

I still don't know what I am going to do and thankfully it's not until the beginning of October so I have lots of time to decide ....

getfrosted Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 5

Need more ideas .... PLEASE!!!!

erinkalins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinkalins Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 5

I would maybe do something very classy, similar to a wedding cake. I agree with silver, maybe silver and gold...maybe do some eatable images of past events of the last 100 years....like the plane being invented...etc etc...you know, like a timeline on the cake, going up to the top. OR, do a timeline of her life...find out what shes done, in her job, kids, etc.
Good Luck, I cant wait to see the pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%