I Need 2 Quick Answer

Decorating By yukisaru Updated 12 Aug 2006 , 1:47pm by mom_of2boyz

yukisaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yukisaru Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:06am
post #1 of 9

Is 4 cups = to one pound or 2 cups? I have a chart but it only gives the info for liquid conversions.

I wiped everything down with vinegar to make royal and color flow and rinsed everything with water afterwards. Is that ok?

8 replies
LadyGDiver Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyGDiver Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:11am
post #2 of 9

1. 4 cups = 1 lb
2. I wash, rinse in vinegar then rinse in water.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:13am
post #3 of 9

If your talking about powdered sugar 4 cups is approx. 1 pound For royal and color flow make sure everything is grease free. I usually boil my tips and add a little dish soap to the water but I've heard vinigar works too. I have found that dawn dish soap cuts grease the best.

yukisaru Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:16am
post #4 of 9

ok I will give this a try...wish me luck.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:17am
post #5 of 9

It depends on what you are measuring. I cup of flour is 5 ounces scant. it can measuer from 5 scant ounces to 5 1/2 plus 2 Tbls generous. If you are measuring sugar then 1 cup is 7 1/2 to 8 ounces. Confectioners' sugar is 4 ounces. Here is where a scale comes into play. If you following a recipe from a book then most of the time you can go to the front of the book and determine how the author meant for the ingredients to be weighed. If the measures are given in ounces or pounds then you need a scale. If they give instructions like dip or scoop your measuring cup then it is all probably done with measuring cups and spoons. As "they" say a cup is not always a cup.

yukisaru Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:21am
post #6 of 9

This was for the Wilton class royal and color flow. I do not have a scale. I am going camping this week end and needed it done before I left.

BTW one my hand mixer hates me now that it is over (one day I'll have my kitchen aid) and two the Wilton royal does not make as much as they say it does.

yukisaru Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 3:22am
post #7 of 9

I am done with it and I don't care anymore if it is right or wrong, my hand is killing me. Thank you all for the help.

Vanaya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanaya Posted 11 Aug 2006 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 9

I agree, the recipe for royal in the course 2 book only gives 2 cups and not 3 like it says.

mom_of2boyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom_of2boyz Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 1:47pm
post #9 of 9

Vinegar works very well. Learned that years ago, working as a waitress in a steakhouse. At the end of the night we would have to wipe the tables down with a mix of water, dish detergent and vinegar.

I just pour the vinegar into the dish water along with the dish detergent.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%