Cake Decorating Classes On Line

Decorating By froggie Updated 9 Aug 2006 , 1:38am by flameon58

froggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggie Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 6

Hi can anyone tell me if there are classes you can take on line for I have called everywhere and no one has them to take .Please help want to take but cant find .
Margie icon_lol.gif

5 replies
debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 6

sorry dont know of any but cake central is a great place to learn, i learned things on here that i did not in class. look through the galleries and whatever you see that you want to learn just ask.

froggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
froggie Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for letting me know .
I want to learn but cant find anywhere .
I can make roses and shells so I am starting icon_smile.gif
Thank you again .

melxcloud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melxcloud Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 6

You can buy DVDs to learn different cake decorating methods. I haven't bought any so i don't know of what ones may be better, but Sugarcraft carries some.

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 12:01am
post #5 of 6

I have learned more from this site than I have from the 3 casses I have taken. I agree with melxcloud, get a DVD or VHS tape of cake techniques you need help with. After that, it's just practice, practice, practice. I used to keep a bowl of buttercream in the fridge and when I had spare time I would practice on a plate or on the reverse side of a cake pan.

Good luck.

flameon58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flameon58 Posted 9 Aug 2006 , 1:38am
post #6 of 6

Take a trip to your library. You should find books and dvd's. You should also be able to order books from other libraries thru your local library. I checked out a martha Stewart dvd on weddings. I'm a beginner, so watching her and a guest put two cakes together was educational for me. I have the 4 set dvd (weddings) of Martha's on order from the library. I checked out the Cake Bible. (I want that book!) In that book, there is a recipe for practice icing that will store for a long time. Toba Garrett also has a recipes in her book for practice icing but hers doesn't keep quite as long. Good luck in your learning process. I finally signed up yesterday at the Technical college for my first cake class.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%