Drake And Josh Cake I Really Need Help

Decorating By DisneyDreamer Updated 12 Aug 2006 , 12:33am by pages41s

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 6

I am doing a cake my first paying cake and they want drake and josh its a show on nick and the mom was very clear she did not want a photo thransfer so i am at a lost help

5 replies
karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 6

That's a tough one. Can you do a FBCT of the show logo? Maybe do a little collage drawing the characters and their hobbies? I'm not too familiar with the show, but I looked it up on Nickelodeon.com.

gegon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gegon Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 6

You may also want to try the technique I used on these cakes. It is a simple way to have any colors you want on the cake and just add the piece on top and you don't have to kill yourself making any type of picture of Drake and Josh... that is just not worth it.

Here is how I did it. First you find any picture you like from your preferred source (internet, coloring book, etc.).

You need a Wonder cutter. This is a foam cutting devide for about $11 (professional cutters sell for $100.00) found at any craft store. See link for example (http://www.dickblick.com/zz608/02/).

You print out the drawing or photo on cardboard, cut it out as close to the edge as possible, glue it to the foam using white glue and put pressure on it for a minute so it will really stick. After that you take the wonder cutter and just follow the paper border. It will not cut paper, it does heat and cut the foam. Then arrange as desired. Never use Super Glue or Crazy glue on these, it eats the foam.
LL
LL
LL

coolmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolmom Posted 7 Aug 2006 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 6

Yeah, I'm not familiar with the show at all, but I looked it up online and there seems to be theme colors of orange, blue, and yellow, and then boy type gear like bikes, headsets, and skateboards. Image

Maybe squares around the outside of the cake, almost like a quilt, but not really, with different people doing different activities and then MMF lettering in the middle that looks like the shows logo?

MissyTex Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissyTex Posted 8 Aug 2006 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 6

What a difficult request! If they want images of Drake & Josh on the cake there is no really good way to get a decent image without it being printed in some form. If they don't care about D & J then you could put items like a guitar, computer, musical notes, an all A's report card...Drake is the girl crazy musician and Josh is the sometimes geeky academic. Josh also works at a movie theater. But even these items would be a tough tie in to Drake and Josh. You really need images of them!

I agree in part with Gegon. You need to mount images for this cake. Maybe your customer doesn't like the look of an edible image placed directly on the cake. That's why you do stand up edible images mounted on fondant or gum paste. You could get an image of Drake and Josh, like the one posted above and mount it on a fondant plaque. You could make a TV with the image of D & J on it. Let it dry and stand it up on the cake. Or just a frame...roll white fondant about 1/8", not too thick, but thick enough to be sturdy when dry. Mount pic in the center, outline it with black or blue fondant, maybe some gold/yellow stars on the corner. Use your imagination. You could mount figures on fondant and have them standing on the cake. Maybe Drake with his guitar singing Happy Birthday. I guarantee your customer will love it! Edible images are not just flat pictures stuck on icing.

pages41s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pages41s Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 12:33am
post #6 of 6

Drake and Josh:
Drake is in a band, plays the quitar, a junk food junkie, could care less about his grades but he does pass and gets away with everything. Also is very much the ladies man. Plus he is very easy go lucky type.
Josh on the other hand:
Is an A honor roll student, gets caught at everything, plays the latest video games, is the bigger of the two. He worries about everything. Works at the local movie theater. He is not as smooth as Drake with the girls but does have a girlfriend.
The two are always getting into "normal" teenager trouble.
Just thought i would give a little info on the characters. My kids and I love the show. Maybe this will help with the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%