Northern California Cake Supply Stores???

Decorating By jenndga Updated 21 Jun 2007 , 5:52pm by Juds2323

jenndga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenndga Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 5:52am
post #1 of 11

Okay all you Californians, can you help a former Cali girl out?

I never decorated cakes when I lived in California (born and raised in San Jose) and now I live in North GA where the cake supplies are scarce. I am going back to visit family in a few weeks and want to know if there are any good stores to go to!

I will be flying into San Fran and will be staying in San Jose, Tracy, and Copperopolis (that's in the middle of BFE)!!! LOL... icon_lol.gif

Anyone got any good places they get all their cool stuff from? And, can you check 50 lbs. of hi-ratio shortening onto an airplane? lol... icon_rolleyes.gif

10 replies
chestercheeto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chestercheeto Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:29am
post #2 of 11

i shop at Sugar 'n Spice in Daly City and Spun Sugar in Berkeley. Sugar 'n Spice is only about 10 minutes from SFO.

Sugar 'n Spice
2965 Junipero Serra Blvd
Daly City, CA 94014

Spun Sugar
1611 University Ave
Berkeley, CA
http://www.spunsugar.com/

teamlilya4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teamlilya4 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:40am
post #3 of 11

I grew up in SJ too!
Now live in Ripon... past Livermore and on your way to the foothills!

There is a great store in Modesto (off of Bangs & McHenry) called
Edwards Cake and Candy Supply... Carol is the owner.

It's a great store- they have lots of fun stuff.

Let me know if you need more specifics.

teamlilya4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teamlilya4 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:41am
post #4 of 11

oops! I meant past Tracy!

Les Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Les Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:45am
post #5 of 11

Edwards Cake and Candy Supplies
501 Bangs Ave., Ste H
Modesto, CA 95356

About 30 min. SE of Tracey

mug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mug Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:53am
post #6 of 11

In Campbell/San Jose, go to:

Cake Works
2891 S. Bascom Avenue
Campbell, 95008
www.cakeworks.com

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:56am
post #7 of 11

I go to Cake Art in San Rafael. I like Sugar N'Spice (a friend of mine owns that) and Spun Sugar, but Cake Art is my favorite. Their address is 1512 5th Ave. They're not open on Mondays.

Just a little note about Sugan N' Spice. The owner has had her cookies on display at the White House. She's an amazing cake and cookie decorator.

So your going to Copperopolis? I have a friend who lives there. Not to many people can say that, although it really has started to develop up there. Hope you have a great trip to Calif. I think you should stop at all of the cake shops. icon_biggrin.gif

jenndga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenndga Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 12:55pm
post #8 of 11

WOW!!!! Thanks you guys!!!!!!

I used to live in Livermore and Stockton shortly before moving to GA, so I know at least where the cities are! My sister and I used to run up to San Rafeal and Santa Rosa to see her boyfriend when she was 16, ah the good ole days!!!! icon_razz.gif

Can't wait to come back and do some cake shopping!!! icon_lol.gif

Fairytale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fairytale Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 1:05pm
post #9 of 11

OMG, I live in Pleasanton. Use to live in Livermore years ago. They've been redoing the downtown. Your wouldn't recognize it. If you get a chance, you should drive down First St.

BTY, there's also a great cake store in Santa Rosa. Went there for the first time last week. Bring lost of money and an extra suitcase. Your gonna need it. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

azsunn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azsunn Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:42pm
post #10 of 11

Ya'll are making me homesick. I grew up in the Bay Area, and in Livermore and Danville.

Enjoy your trip!

Juds2323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juds2323 Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 5:52pm
post #11 of 11

I have shoped at cakeworks in san jose. They are a bit pricy. They sell a pound and a half of hi-ratio for about $4. - not too bad. There is also a store in the willow glen area - the only issue with Barbara of Pauline's is that the store itself is a bit on the rundown/dusty side. I figure I wash everything before using anyway and her stuff is reasonable and has lots of discontinued items, plus she is really friendly. Carries americolor too. That said I still get most of my stuff online.

Barbara of Pauline's
1093 Malone Rd (Near Lincoln)
San Jose, California 95125

HTH

Judi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%