I'm So Excited!

Decorating By mixinvixen Updated 19 Jun 2007 , 11:59am by Hippiemama

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:12am
post #1 of 9

i'm bouncing off the walls almost!!! my husband did some great stuff at work, got a bonus, so we split it between the two of us, as "play money". he spent it his on his hobby, and i didn't quite know what to do with mine. i decided that i was gonna spend it on me..,.not my 3 year old, as usual, not my husband, for a change, and certainly not groceries, which happens more often that anything. so i went to the tanning place and bought a 3 month unlimited package, went to the gym and bought a membership that i'm making myself use, then came home and went onto overstock.com...my package arrived today....

14 NEW DECORATING BOOKS!!! 2 are on presale status, so i won't receive them until the next couple of months, but i'm having so much fun looking through the rest of these...i'm so impressed, and can't wait to get another cake order and bury myself in sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

titles:
cake walk, margaret braun
the art of the cake, bruce healy
cartoon cakes, debbie brown
sweet celebrations, sylvia weinstock
simplifying sugar flowers, proctor
cake mix doctor, ann byrn
magical cakes, debbie browne
naughty cakes, debbie brown
xtra naughty cakes, debbie brown
gross out cakes, kathleen barlow
party cakes for children, carol deacon
confetti cakes, elisa strauss
cakes to inspire and desire, lindy smith
cake decorators motif bible, sheila lampkin

i'm so giddy!!!!!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
heavenscent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenscent Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:19am
post #2 of 9

good for you for spending it on yourself for a change have fun with your books

newcakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newcakemaker Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:19am
post #3 of 9

WOW! I am excited for you! I can only wish that we get that kind of bonus. I don't know that I could have done that though!!! I would have spent it on my 2yr old or on something for the house!

Congrats! Hope you love them all!

Crystal

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:19am
post #4 of 9

OOOHHHH lucky you - green with envy!! icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:26am
post #5 of 9

I'm betting you'll be up until all hours just drooling over these pages! Good for you for "splurging" on yourself with something you love!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:36am
post #6 of 9

wow you lucky lucky girl wouldnt that be just one of our wildest dreams to just go and buy any book we like and you have such a range and some great authors wow.... you will love those debbie brown books i have most of hers and they are great... is there a website for "gross out cakes, kathleen barlow " i havent heard of her before and would love to see what she has done... her title sounds intreging if you know what i mean... hehehe you go girl and have fun

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 4:45am
post #7 of 9

one question though, is the debbie brown the same one for all of them? there is an e on the end of the magical cakes one...i have her enchanted cakes, and i adore it!

i've noticed she usually has pics on her books of herself, but the "naughty cakes" books don't, and neither does the other one...just wondering if there are two debbie brown's out there?

btw; the gross out cake book was just one of the titles on overstock...it's pretty funny. it has a catl litter cake on the front. i love those kind of things, cause they're so fun to take to a kids party.

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 6:10am
post #8 of 9

Hi the debbie brown ones she has on her list above are all from the same debbie brown i have those ones she has on her list... anyway as far as i know there is only the one debbie brown heheh.. but you never know

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:59am
post #9 of 9

Good for you! It's always nice to splurge on yourself.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%