80Th And 30Th Birthday Cake Ideas

Decorating By Bekahv Updated 4 Aug 2006 , 4:48pm by Bekahv

Bekahv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bekahv Posted 3 Aug 2006 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 4

I the next 2 weeks I need to make a cake for my best friend who is turning 30 and her grandpa (who is just like my grandpa) is turning 80. They both have the same birthday and it will be the same birthday party.

I guess my question is any ideas. We have to travel a ways for the party so it would be easier to do one cake. Her grandpa plays guitar and banjo. My friend likes any kind of wild flower.

Thanks for any help.

3 replies
bergie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bergie Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 12:35am
post #2 of 4

That is a tremendous project. IF you notice a guitar have the shape of an eight and some kinf the shape of number three. I don't know for how many people it is the cake, but I think a guitar or a picture of it... may it will fit. The wild flowers combine with men style cakes but watch out the colors. Keep the colors neutrals. I think a guitar with some flowers ( Not Much) sorrounding it.

That is the first thought it came to my mind. I hope it will help you or to any other person to get the final idea for you cake.

If I get something else. I will write you again. Good Luck

toristreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toristreats Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 12:42am
post #3 of 4

To me a banjo would be easier because it is just round, but I guess it all depends on the servings. If you have a lot of servings to do you could put the banjo/guitar ontop of a sheet/half sheet and put wild flowers around the sheet.

Bekahv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bekahv Posted 4 Aug 2006 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 4

Yeah I was thinking maybe a guitar shape with wild flowers coming out of of the hole in the middle but now maybe like the guitar is sitting on the ground around wild flowers. It is only for 20-25 people so it will not need to be to big. This is a BBQ in the park so most people will be full by the time the cake comes.

Thank you both for your ideas. I love them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%