Jackpot!!!

Decorating By mom2spunkynbug Updated 21 Jun 2007 , 4:31pm by JenWith

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 8

I am SO happy & excited! I FINALLY found a cake supply shop in my area - besides Michael's!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

It's about a half hour away - she has Satin Ice fondant!!!! She has special rolling pins with the designs for fondant! She has dragees! She has PME tools! She's got a lot of stuff in one little shop! She also does classes every now & then. OH and she has Americolor stuff & powdered food coloring! I was in heaven!

Just thought I'd share my excitement! Her website is http://www.candylandconfectionery.com - but you can't really see all the stuff that she carries. OH and molds out the wazoo! LOL!

icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
fooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fooby Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 8

Oh wow you lucky girl!! Wish I had somewhere close by. The only downfall to this is you don't get to use your 40% off coupon icon_lol.gif Congrats and happy shopping!

finally928 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
finally928 Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 4:35pm
post #3 of 8

icon_smile.gif Looks like a great store!!

Though I have to say -- I saw that you were in Massachusetts and was SOOOOO hoping that the store would be by me as well, but you must be Western MA! I'm right outside of Boston!

q2wheels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
q2wheels Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 12:16pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2spunkynbug

I am SO happy & excited! I FINALLY found a cake supply shop in my area - besides Michael's!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

It's about a half hour away - she has Satin Ice fondant!!!! She has special rolling pins with the designs for fondant! She has dragees! She has PME tools! She's got a lot of stuff in one little shop! She also does classes every now & then. OH and she has stuff & powdered food coloring! I was in heaven!

Just thought I'd share my excitement! Her website is http://www.candylandconfectionery.com - but you can't really see all the stuff that she carries. OH and molds out the wazoo! LOL!

icon_biggrin.gif

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, LOVE THIS STORE!!!!!

I found it by accident last year as I made weekly trips to a new dentist, I finally got the "nerve" to go in. Being in a wheelchair, it was rather tricky but the owner, Nancy, was wonderful, moving stuff. Then at Christmas, I wanted the fancy fill pan....I called her, (she of course, remembered the lady in the w/c), asked if sher had one and told her hubby would be up (it's a 45 minute drive for us). Well, he came home and told me Nancy had put the pan behind the counter for me!!!! Great customer service and what great stock!!

Toni Ann

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 11:17pm
post #5 of 8

Darn! I also was hoping it might be near me since I live in Rhode Island, but it doesn't look too close. icon_cry.gif

Luckily there is a pretty good bakery supply place nearby, but they carry more basic items...

Courtney

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:24am
post #6 of 8

fooby: LOL, yeah that's true!

Finally928: oh yes, I'm right on the MA/NY border! Extremely western MA! I would think there'd be some amazing cake stores near you - no?!?

Toni Ann: OMGOSH!!! Wow, small world, huh?! Yeah I talked with Nancy for a bit...she seems like a really nice lady! She also told me that anything she didn't have, she would order for me. I went with my younger brother & son and told my brother...I could make this lady rich, LOL I could spend so much money in there it's not even funny! I told/asked her about this web site, but she said she didn't go on it. Is Troy closer to you by any chance? I found a cake store in Troy as well (online) but I can't tell if you can actually go there...or if they just ship products out...

Courtney: Have you tried doing an online search? Maybe there is somewhere in CT? My family LOVES going to Mystic...I think I'm going to do a search around there before we go on vacation there again!

icon_biggrin.gif

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:39am
post #7 of 8

Hey Massachusetts gals where are you all from. I am out here in the boonies too near NH. I am in Leominster, near Fitchburg. There is nothing out here. We have a good little mom and pop party shop she carries some good stuff but pretty much the basic stuff too. Than I have a Michael's right down the road, hey I can even walk there. Not a good thing icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif trust me. Actually both stores are that close walking distance that is. I wish there were stores that carried more of the "cool" stuff.

Vicky

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 4:31pm
post #8 of 8

No such luck for CT people... especially near Mystic (I work in New London, right up the road for Mystic) and I have yet to find a cake supply store in this area besides Michaels or ACM. If you have better luck than me, a CT resident, PLEASE post the location!!! LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%