Piping Gel Transfer?

Decorating By kcepenney Updated 27 Jul 2006 , 3:31am by TexasSugar

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 6:01pm
post #1 of 6

I know you can trace a picture with gel on to wax paper, but then do I just lay it on the cake and slowly pull it off? I can't remember the trick...

5 replies
sdanczak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdanczak Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 6

Yes, wait until the icing is crusted over and lay the wax paper down. Rub very gently and remove. It works like a charm!

kcepenney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kcepenney Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 6

What if I am using chocolate bEttercreme, not BC...will it still work?

sdanczak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sdanczak Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 6

I don't see why it wouldn't work, at least to give you the outline.

siblingsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siblingsweets Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 6

I was just in Dallas at the ICES convention and they had a great class on this. You print your image on a transparency then use puff paint to outline the image (pick the side you want to outline) then use the craft "hairdryer" to puff the lines. Now you have an embosser to make an imprint on the cake. Any icing or any fondant.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 3:31am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by siblingsweets

I was just in Dallas at the ICES convention and they had a great class on this. You print your image on a transparency then use puff paint to outline the image (pick the side you want to outline) then use the craft "hairdryer" to puff the lines. Now you have an embosser to make an imprint on the cake. Any icing or any fondant.

You can also do something like that with royal icing and a piece of glass. icon_smile.gif

As far as using the piping gel transfer on bettercream I am not sure if it will work. I know it works okay on Wilton's Buttercream and Chocolate buttercream but they are crusting icings. I haven't used bettercream but does it crust? If not I'd think it will stick to the wax paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%