Tell Me About...imprint Mats

Decorating By Chef_Stef Updated 28 Jul 2006 , 11:53pm by Mac

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 26 Jul 2006 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 11

Duh--

I only just found these things. Good, bad, indifferent?

They look like I would LOVE them.

Dish! icon_smile.gif

10 replies
Chicklet74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chicklet74 Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 4:26am
post #2 of 11

I would like to know too, so I am bumping this.

alycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alycakes Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 4:30am
post #3 of 11

I love them i used one on a grooms cake the imprint was similar to a basket weave. Very easy to use! I would suggest them to anyone.

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 27 Jul 2006 , 4:43am
post #4 of 11

I have several--the quilted (Love it, my fave) mat, eyelet lace pattern (is actually a mat for clay), 3 different scroll patterns, brick pattern.
They really make it faster to decorate the cake.

bradylj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bradylj Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 11

So, do you have to wait until your buttercream is crusted to use it? Where is the best place to get them?

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 12:45pm
post #6 of 11

I'm interested in imprint mats too. I heard of ones getting them at Michael's but when I looked I didn't see what they might have been referring to. Can someone elaborate please? I was hoping online wasn't the only source for these.
Thanks!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 12:53pm
post #7 of 11

Excitedy waiting for a reply from someone who knows about them too icon_smile.gif Where to get them & how to use them icon_smile.gif

Mac Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 1:42pm
post #8 of 11

Yes, your frosting needs to crust before using. You lightly dust with pd sugar or cornstarch.

The only places I have found them is online. Michael's has some mats in the clay aisle but I don't know if they are considered food-safe. They look to be out of the same material.

Chicklet74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chicklet74 Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 11:12pm
post #9 of 11

Is this where I see some cakes that have the diamond imprints on the side? Are the imprint mats what they use to do those? I always think those cakes look so elegant.

PennySue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennySue Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 11:16pm
post #10 of 11

I just ordered some from Cakes by Sam. They are sturdy and I can hardly wait to use them.

Mac Posted 28 Jul 2006 , 11:53pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicklet74

Is this where I see some cakes that have the diamond imprints on the side? Are the imprint mats what they use to do those? I always think those cakes look so elegant.

Yes, those are the ones. I know they also make a metal one that is just 3 diamonds on top of each other, but I would have a problem keeping that one straight.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%